CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout of the Day (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   List of CrossFit Workouts (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=43887)

Jonathon Shelton 03-10-2009 11:48 AM

List of CrossFit Workouts

1 Attachment(s)
I figured I would put this on here. This is what I go off of to determine the workout each day. I have a routine that list a combination of Ms, Gs, and Ws for each day. Then I go that that special combination and pick a workout from it. It keeps me from picking and choosing. It has worked pretty well. I was going to see if some of you might download this and post it again with you own affiliate workouts for all to see. The one problem I had was making sure the workout was not too easy, and on the flip side, making sure it did not take 5 hours to complete.

Aron Darling 07-24-2009 08:33 AM

Re: List of CrossFit Workouts

Nice worksheet. Thanks.

Sean Dunston 07-24-2009 01:20 PM

wow! That was a lot of work.

Thanks for that.

Stephen Wakefoose 07-25-2009 08:44 PM

I hope to add to his soon and repost thx!:thanx:
Foose

Dave G Clarke 07-25-2009 10:28 PM

Just cos I'm dense:

Do the W's, G's and M's actually stand for anything? This leads on to the question of- Do the three letters represent a particular family of exercise, and thus when you combine the letters in different combinations determine what style of exercise is going to be in a particular workout?

Dave

Kurt Hettinger 07-26-2009 12:26 PM

>>Do the W's, G's and M's actually stand for anything?

From Glassman's free pdf download in the Crossfit Journal, they're basically Weightlifting, Gymnastic, and single-Mode (endurance) excercises.

Gillian Steele 08-21-2009 04:58 AM

Wow, thats amazing list, but what is the names of worksheets representing?

Andrew Vincent 08-21-2009 02:39 PM

Great work! I started a spread sheet of my own yesterday, I should have checked here first.

One question: Is there a method to your madness (i.e. How did you come up with your "Routine")?

I planned on going through the past 6 months of the crossfit.com main site WODs to see if there was any pattern to the programming. Does anyone have any input on this?

I think most affiliate owners and trainers will agree that "Programming" over the long term is one of the most difficult and daunting tasks.

Eric M Pirrone 08-22-2009 03:14 AM

This is great! Thank You!

I was just thinking this morning about doing this and then here is your post!

My second thought was how could we put together a computer program that was able to randomly or manually draw from a large data base of wods.

We could use some of the logging programs out there now (logsitall, beyond the white board) get a good over view of where your affiliate/athletes are in respects to there fitness and then the program would pick the appropriate wod for what ever macro/micro cycle you may be in?

Just a thought at 5:30am!.. on a Sat. morning

Man I need to get a life!

Eric

Andrew Vincent 08-23-2009 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathon Shelton (Post 537426)
I figured I would put this on here. This is what I go off of to determine the workout each day. I have a routine that list a combination of Ms, Gs, and Ws for each day. Then I go that that special combination and pick a workout from it. It keeps me from picking and choosing. It has worked pretty well. I was going to see if some of you might download this and post it again with you own affiliate workouts for all to see. The one problem I had was making sure the workout was not too easy, and on the flip side, making sure it did not take 5 hours to complete.

Thanks again for the awesome spreadsheet. I took it one step further and looked at all of the CrossFit.com (WFS) WODs since 1 Jan 2009. I put them in a spread sheet sorted by date and used your MGW codes to represent each workout.

I am asking the Community for help on the following:
-Pick another prominent CrossFit Affiliate (or your own) and create a similar spreadsheet of the WODs by date over the same time period so we can compare them.

-Half way through I got the idea to add more columns for what type of exercise the MGW is (e.g. "Run, Push, Pull"). I wanted to see if anyone else would think that would help with the analysis, and if so, wanted to volunteer to add the detail to the list.

This spreadsheet was a great way for me to see how many "just weight lifting" WODs we have done for the year, and how many "Chippers", etc.

Attachment 4908 (WFS)