View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #14
Elliot Fuller

Profile:
Re: physiology of energy pathways and implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
You are a wealth of knowledge, Steven, but I stopped listening to you because of your condescending, all-knowing tone. I'm just being perfectly honest with you. Without being asked, you assumed the role of Moderator countless times. Good luck to you and thanks for the help.
To his credit, these are open boards where people ask open questions. This is the only time I've seen Steven "preach" without being asked, and after over a year here, it's one of the most interesting reads I've come across. Also to his credit, he is a somewhat community-made authority on many subjects that have been covered; not because he wants to be, but because he has the knowledge to be.

Call that being a Moderator if you like, but as far as I'm concerned, he's just very well informed. Correcting someone on his/her logic or post is not Moderating, provided that he's actually correct; and 90% of the time he is -- 10% margin of error

If you shut out everyone with a "condescending tone," odds are you wouldn't have nearly the amount of general knowledge that you do. While Coach G. and the affiliates, and the trainers, get paid to answer the same questions over and over and over and over again, the folks in the know on these boards (like Steven) do it for free, and without much thanks. So... I dunno. Your choice to tune it out, I guess... more knowledge for the rest of us

Edit: George, I gotta disagree with you on that one, too *gasp* I'm not a pilot, so obviously what I say has a lot less credibility, and I say it mostly for argument's sake. But when the "machine" is not a plane, but your own body, I think the knowledge of its inner workings are even more important. Yes, it's ok to not know how the lymphatic system works -- as long as it works. But what if something goes wrong or you spring a leak? It's important to recognize the symptoms of failure, the symptoms of progress, and the potential underlying causes of those symptoms in order to better understand what can be done to either avoid or obtain those results.

We can't always turn to the CrossFit injuries boards looking for answers (as much as I'd like to, heh) when something isn't working the way it should be.

As far as flying planes goes, you may be right in that respect. But as far as CrossFit and performance and the human body go, in my eyes it's a little different.

Last edited by Elliot Fuller : 07-14-2008 at 10:39 AM.