View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #2
Danny Bostwick

Profile:
Re: HOw do YOU add crossfit to your workout?

Well, the simple answer is to get a good coach and have him program for you.

The truth of the matter is that this is a very loaded question. People are dedicating their lives to understand the impact of increased training volume and the most optimal way to add more in and recover from it.

Some may not be natural, and some have youth on their side (there's some guys in their 30's, quite a few I believe), but they have also dedicated their entire lives to making the games. 24/7/365, every decision they make revolves around training and recovery. The ones making the games usually have part time jobs or are maybe some students and have many hours a day to train/recover. Sure there are exceptions to the rule, but that is the generally the landscape for games athletes.

That being said, there is plenty of free programed sites that have a roadmap to excelling in the open for you. My favorite is www.comptrain.com. I think that is a little bit more "classic crossfit" that doesn't overload volume, can still be done in 1 session (albeit a long one), and is simple to understand. Invictus is maybe a little bit more "thought out" (I don't necessarily believe that, but it sorta seems it), it's a little more complicated, and it's a little bit more periodized. I think it's a bit more focused on movement which is good, but I think sometimes it's just too much to hit it all with intensity. That being said, CJ Martins athletes have crushed regionals this year, so maybe I'm wrong. Every games athlete is selling their program it seems these days, so there's a lot to choose from.

That being said, Mechanics, Consistency, Intensity, Volume. In that order, my friend, in that order, otherwise injury is right around the corner.