View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 07:22 AM   #19
Lauren Clark

Profile:
Re: Level 3 (CCFT) Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Thurmond View Post
I took the exam for the second time today. I studied. I studied both times, but I studied more on the second time. I felt confident on the first go round, but I came up short. I took it all in stride and decided that I needed to study and review more. I did review and study and I fell short again. I only made improvement in one area.

The thing that makes this test difficult is that there is no feedback on what one missed. I took the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians for Paramedic a few years ago. The Paramedic test is infinitely harder in many different ways, but what helps is that there are question banks that you can use to study. There are only so many ways to phrase a question about diabetes. The idea is that one gets exposed to as many questions as possible. It helps. One does not have that luxury with the CCFT. The thing is that NREMT uses Pearson Vue for its testing as well. Similar format and criteria for security. It would do nothing to compromise the CCFT if there was a large question bank that exposed one to the types of things one would encounter on the CCFT. There is a finite number of questions one can ask about the squat. I am sure of it.

I will study and review more. I will go back to a level 2 course soon and ask those guys all the questions that I can remember from the test. I wrote a few down this time and last time. Hopefully the third time will be the charm.

Good-luck everyone
Does this mean you failed the test both times?

do you think they do this to everyone so that they can rake in more $$ because of all the retakes??