CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 01-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #21
Dwight Stone

Profile:
Re: Rumble Cut Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
Not if it is managed properly, Doug. people would just simply compete at - or very close to - their walk-around weight.

I lift in a PL federation that mandates weigh-ins just prior to competition. Usually, the weigh-ins begin at 7:00 a.m., and lifting begins at 9:00 a.m.

When I wrestled in high school, weigh-ins were same day as well.

The 24 hour weigh-in fosters this type of problem.
heres how to do it- weigh-ins immediately before entering the ring. if you miss weight, immediate 25% deduction in the fighter's purse, old pride fighting style. (i know yellow cards were only 10%, don't bother calling.) if you really want to get serious, make it so that if they win, their record goes unchanged, but if they lose, it goes on their record. now THAT is some incentive right there.

i don't know about the rest of you, but i say the sport is about fighting, not who can sweat and poop out the most mass from their bodies.

anyway, loved that fight, nothing like watching a fighter who came in that heavy lose like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Borawski View Post
Re: Chael-Bisping - I'm bummed Munoz is out, that would have been a real fight. Not sure I'm even watching now, quite frankly. I am looking forward to the day Bisping is off the UFC roster.
Outside of the UK, who isn't?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #22
Doug Blankenship

Profile:
Re: Rumble Cut Weight

Quote:
Chael-Bisping - I'm bummed Munoz is out, that would have been a real fight. Not sure I'm even watching now, quite frankly. I am looking forward to the day Bisping is off the UFC roster

I don't enjoy anything Bisping says or does in the Octagon. But, this is the first time I'll ever hope he wins a fight. Not because I hate Sonnen just because he is such an underdog in this fight that the payoff would be nice.

But, with that said Chael will just wrestle the crap out of him and win a decision.