CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
Alexandre Robitaille Bernard

Profile:
Exclamation New member of crossfit

Hi guys,

First, I want you to know that I'm very curious about CF. I saw some videos about it and they look really good. So here my story.

I'm a weight lifter for about 1 year and half. I always push myself every time I hit the gym. I cannot say that I have the best shape ever, but I maintain myself in a good condition. My main goal is to have more strenght, build muscle mass, get lean, run 5K and probably 10K later (Yeah, I know these goals are big).

Here is my main question about CF. What exactly I have to do ? I did some WOD's last 2 days and I felt good. I like the idea, but mentally, I don't really know if I'm really working in every way like train isolation muscle when weightlifting. I know that CF trains core muscle and this is important but I can't say if I really did a good job. I sweat for sure and I have sore in my muscle but...I don't know how to say it, but it's weird. Mentally weirdos.

Do I have to get like a routine for a week, or I can just follow the WOD's and hit the gym with it like 2-3 times\week to achieve my goals ?

I'm really lost in this new sport,but I WOULD LOVE to learn correctly and be in better shape than ever !

Can you guys explains to me ?

Thank you very much !
Old 04-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
Aaron Schmid

Profile:
Re: New member of crossfit

I am new to CrossFit as well but I can still throw in my 2-cents. I would start off reading this short article: http://blog.fitnesstown.ca/2012/04/2...t-is-crossfit/

I would also check out: library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/CFJ_Widman_CFStartupGuide1.pdf

I think it really helps to also look around on the mainsite (crossfit.com) and around the internet. The free journals on the mainsite help and there are tons of websites explaining what crossfit is and how to go about starting a program.

There are a lot of terms thrown out on forums and on the mainsite as well. This link can help you with acronyms and terms that crossfit people use: http://myathleticlife.com/2012/01/crossfit-terms-love/

I hope you can find a way to start that fits your lifestyle!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
Alexandre Robitaille Bernard

Profile:
Re: New member of crossfit

Thank you very much !