CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #71
Cain Papettas
Member Cain Papettas is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne  VIC Australia
Posts: 199
Re: TRT experience

Could be potiuatry could be all sorts of factors, could of been since puberty, if it wasnt for me asking for the test id still be at square one!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #72
Bob Herald
Member Bob Herald is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami  FL
Posts: 255
Re: TRT experience

Very true Michael. From what I've found through researching it over the years is that your baseline is your baseline. Sure, cutting out alcohol, lifting weights and popping ZMA, fenugreek , etc . May bump it up slightly and temporarily . But it is not going to change significantly or permanently. Your level is all your level is going to be.

What a lot of people are not realizing is that is it a very low dose of testosterone. Bodybuilders will inject a minimum of 400 mg a WEEK. TRT is 200 mg a MONTH.

Testosterones muscle building effects AND it's side effects are dose dependents. The more you take the more side effects.

I guess it's easy for a lot of guys to criticize it when their levels are normal. They don't know the psychological pain of lack of labido, low energy all the time, sleepless nights, and depression.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #73
Bob Herald
Member Bob Herald is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami  FL
Posts: 255
Re: TRT experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain Papettas View Post
Could be potiuatry could be all sorts of factors, could of been since puberty, if it wasnt for me asking for the test id still be at square one!!
How does he feel about giving you TRT ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #74
Cain Papettas
Member Cain Papettas is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne  VIC Australia
Posts: 199
Re: TRT experience

Its not recommended for anyone under 40 it said on my bloodsheet, i have to wait to see the specialist in and month which is ages away so far no opinions yet my first doc was hopeless!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #75
Michael Dowling
Member Michael Dowling is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Goshen  NY
Posts: 733
Re: TRT experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Herald View Post
I guess it's easy for a lot of guys to criticize it when their levels are normal. They don't know the psychological pain of lack of labido, low energy all the time, sleepless nights, and depression.
Are you sure you aren't just married with kids, possibly a middle management desk job thrown in there?
__________________
LOG
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #76
Bob Herald
Member Bob Herald is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami  FL
Posts: 255
Re: TRT experience

Actually mike, no. I'm not married no kids. Dating a girl in her mid twenties, and I've been a firefighter for 12 years.

If that's your situation , I'm sorry .
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #77
Michael Dowling
Member Michael Dowling is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Goshen  NY
Posts: 733
Re: TRT experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Herald View Post
Actually mike, no. I'm not married no kids. Dating a girl in her mid twenties, and I've been a firefighter for 12 years.

If that's your situation , I'm sorry .
It was just a joke, rough crowd...
__________________
LOG
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #78
Bob Herald
Member Bob Herald is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami  FL
Posts: 255
Re: TRT experience

Sorry. I'm emotional. Lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #79
Charley Agen
Member Charley Agen is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Allouez  WI
Posts: 46
Re: TRT experience

Thanks for the update Bob. Glad everything is going good. Did you end up getting your second shot? I remember you saying you had sleep problems. I have not been sleeping "well" for a few years now and my sleep has been REALLY bad the past year. I can usually fall asleep alright, but I am constantly waking up, tossing and turning, and having to urinate in the middle of the night. And 5:30 is the lastest I have been able to sleep in for about a year or so. Even if I have nothing planned and can slot in an extra 3 hours to dedicate to sleep, its still no dice. Did you have any of these specific sleep issues? Have they gotten better since on TRT?

Cain, are you sure you are looking at the right testosterone test and value? 45 on a 200-800ish scale is extremely low.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #80
Cain Papettas
Member Cain Papettas is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne  VIC Australia
Posts: 199
Re: TRT experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Agen View Post
Thanks for the update Bob. Glad everything is going good. Did you end up getting your second shot? I remember you saying you had sleep problems. I have not been sleeping "well" for a few years now and my sleep has been REALLY bad the past year. I can usually fall asleep alright, but I am constantly waking up, tossing and turning, and having to urinate in the middle of the night. And 5:30 is the lastest I have been able to sleep in for about a year or so. Even if I have nothing planned and can slot in an extra 3 hours to dedicate to sleep, its still no dice. Did you have any of these specific sleep issues? Have they gotten better since on TRT?

Cain, are you sure you are looking at the right testosterone test and value? 45 on a 200-800ish scale is extremely low.
Yes charlie unfortunetly i am if i could upload my poc off my iphone of my results i would! I cant beleave it
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for experience Anthony Rubino Running a CrossFit Facility 2 07-29-2009 06:25 AM
My experience with IF Sean McMaster Nutrition 9 12-13-2007 01:47 AM
School or Experience? Shane Bradbury Starting 15 10-19-2007 08:05 AM
My experience with rhabdo Amy Crawford Injuries 19 08-31-2007 06:14 PM
First gymnastics experience Aitor Astobieta Community 3 05-19-2004 12:34 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.