CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Andrew Wycheck

Profile:
FT. Lewis

I am going to commission in May as an Infantry officer and then will be reporting out to Ft. Lewis as a member of LDAC cadre. While there I would like to keep CrossFitting and doing BJJ/MMA. Does anyone know what they have in the way of gyms out there for both sports? Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Dan Balda

Profile:
Re: FT. Lewis

I can speak to the Crossfit portion. JBLM is VERY CF friendly. There are a ton of boxes in the area and the best part is that on post "main" areas on post (main and North Fort) there are CF dedicated areas with bumper plates, KBs, rings, pull up stands, med balls, etc. I've never had a problem doing a WOD because of a lack of equipment. McVeigh is CF gym on main post and Wilson is on North Fort. Lots of folks do the workouts, many wrong, but hey, what are you going to do? Welcome.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
Andrew Wycheck

Profile:

Thank you very much. Do you know if they have any CF trainers on post? I just follow main site now and do the wod on my own but I would like to have someone watch my form and critique me.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Dan Balda

Profile:

There are a couple of Level 1 folks. I wouldn't let them critique me though. If you want that kind of help you're best off joining a box or doing it online. I don't do the mainsite WOD. I prefer more of a strength-based workout so I've got a couple sites I use for that. If you're ever on North Fort hit me up and I'll help out where I can.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
Andrew Wycheck

Profile:

Ok, thanks a lot for your help.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
Jason Gauthier

Profile:

Like it was said earlier, JBLM is very CF friendly, but if you are looking to join a facility I know CrossFit South Tacoma/Trident Athletics is a great place and very military friendly.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #7
Aaron Cheateaux

Profile:

Andy,
I'm on JBLM, and like previously mentioned, very friendly. McVeigh is great, I also coach a couple of nights a week at Trident, and we have a great military crowd. Lot's of medical folks from Madigan. If I'm not mistaken, JBLM CrossFit is a military non-profit based out of McVeigh with a daily WOD, and coaching available. I've got a couple of guys in my unit that train up at CF Tacoma, or over at Rainier CF or with John Thrush in Sumner. You can reach me at first.last at AKO or Gmail if you have any more questions.

Aaron
Old 05-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #8
Andrew Wycheck

Profile:

Awesome thank you very much!