CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 11-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Jeffrey Cupra

Profile:
Some advise needed

There are all these prep for open/regionals/games websites which have fine programming. I for myself arent even strong/conditioned enough to get thru them. Any advise here were to get started?

I know the obvious awnser is "go find a box and start working out there". This is not possible atm due to the distance.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Jeff Enge

Profile:
Re: Some advise needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Cupra View Post
There are all these prep for open/regionals/games websites which have fine programming. I for myself arent even strong/conditioned enough to get thru them. Any advise here were to get started?

I know the obvious awnser is "go find a box and start working out there". This is not possible atm due to the distance.
If you don't think you're ready for them, don't do them.

If you want to follow an affiliate's programming, there are plenty of good ones to go by -

Invitcus (http://www.crossfitinvictus.com wfs) has WOD blogs on three different tracks - Fitness, Performance and Competition.

Ute Crossfit (http://utecrossfit.com/# wfs), the winning team at the Games, has a WOD blog for each of their three locations. While they did win the Games, these blogs are for their general gym population.

While not a CF affiliate, Optimum Performance Training (http://optexperience.com/ wfs) also has daily workout postings of CrossFit-based routines for different skill/goal levels.

And, of course, there is always the CrossFit Main Page workouts, or a CrossFit derivative like CF Football.

I'm sure others will chime in with other sites too.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Miles Roberts

Profile:

Just a FYI, there are 7 boxes in Amsterdam, and many more in the Netherlands. Check the CrossFit main page "affiliate finder map".

http://map.crossfit.com/
Old 11-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
Brendan McNamar

Profile:

The folks at my gym who follow our competitor program (we follow CFNE's) in general have about a year of solid CrossFit 4 or 5 days a week before starting.

They all have focused on getting their strength to the required levels.

As others have said follow a well programed gym that has a fair amount of strength work.

Crossfit.com is too slow a building strength if you want to compete or start following a competitive program.