CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #11
Bennett Stiller

Profile:
Re: Kipping Pull up help with 3 middle fingers missing

Versa Grip Pros are the way to go. After using them for 2 months now, I've given them a good test. They allowed me to do pull ups, while strengthening my left grip to the point where I can do 10 sets of 10 pull ups without even using something on my hand with the missing fingers.

For moves that involve a bar going back and fourth from hang to front rack or overhead, the versa grip pros are the only way I can manage my left hand. They are flexible and keep a strong grip.

For something like Deadlift, I did 385# twice and the bar had no risk of dropping. I MUST use a standard grip though, because with an alternating grip the bar seems to roll right out of the strap before I can even lift it.

I know this post has no bearing for most, but I'm updating it should someone like me be searching, I would love to have come across this information.

Thanks again for those that posted to help me.