CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 09-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #1
Darnley Etienne

Profile:
Hello!

I want to say hello to everyone here on Crossfit.com. My name is Darnley Etienne and I've been at CrossFit a little over a year. I've been a member for a while but I finally got up enough nerve to make my first post.

Hoping to learn from everyone here and achieve my goals in the CrossFit universe.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
Andrew G Parker

Profile:
Re: Hello!

Welcome. I expect many of us can learn a few things from you as well.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:40 AM   #3
Alex Burden

Profile:

it's all give and take
Old 09-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #4
Reuben Bakker

Profile:

welcome! no need to be shy - we're all in this together Do you go to a box there in Columbus?
Old 09-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #5
Darnley Etienne

Profile:

Hey guys, thanks for the response. I'm a member of 11th Element. Its been great and I've learned alot. I'm the guy who hasn't been athletic since HS (freshman year may I add) but stayed in shape at the gym.

Right now endurance is my biggest limiting factor.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #6
Tim Alford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnley Etienne View Post
Hey guys, thanks for the response. I'm a member of 11th Element. Its been great and I've learned alot. I'm the guy who hasn't been athletic since HS (freshman year may I add) but stayed in shape at the gym.

Right now endurance is my biggest limiting factor.
That is Graham Holmberg's gym, right? How do you like it? I live in Grove City and I've been doing CrossFit at LA Fitness for the last few months since I left my old box due to a new job, new house, and a new baby! I'm interested in how you like it there so far.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:58 AM   #7
Darnley Etienne

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Alford View Post
That is Graham Holmberg's gym, right? How do you like it? I live in Grove City and I've been doing CrossFit at LA Fitness for the last few months since I left my old box due to a new job, new house, and a new baby! I'm interested in how you like it there so far.
Hey Tim, good morning. Its been great. I've learned alot of detail that has helped me move forward. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting there. How's the program at LA Fitness?
Old 09-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #8
Tim Alford

Profile:

Quote:
Hey Tim, good morning. Its been great. I've learned alot of detail that has helped me move forward. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting there. How's the program at LA Fitness?
That's good to hear! Having a coach watch your form is soooo important when you're starting off. I definitely miss that aspect of my old box! I'm doing my own thing at LA Fitness, I'm doing a Starting Strength 8 week cycle with just a little bit of CrossFit conditioning (box jumps, kettlebell swings, rowing). It's not bad, I just have to work on my strength!
Old 09-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #9
Darnley Etienne

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Alford View Post
That's good to hear! Having a coach watch your form is soooo important when you're starting off. I definitely miss that aspect of my old box! I'm doing my own thing at LA Fitness, I'm doing a Starting Strength 8 week cycle with just a little bit of CrossFit conditioning (box jumps, kettlebell swings, rowing). It's not bad, I just have to work on my strength!
I need some insight on weekly cycles. I come from a strength background and I never considered endurance at all. I'm playing catch up in this area big time. So much that I purchased a Concept 2 Model D and I'm looking to pick up a Schwinn AirDyne next.

What kind of programming are you doing for your 8 week cycle.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #10
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Quote:
I want to say hello to everyone here on Crossfit.com. My name is Darnley Etienne and I've been at CrossFit a little over a year. I've been a member for a while but I finally got up enough nerve to make my first post.

Hoping to learn from everyone here and achieve my goals in the CrossFit universe.
Welcome mate!