CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-05-2017, 01:30 AM   #581
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Tuesday morning and very chilly outside -4 Brrrrrrr, good job we have an engine heater to warm the car up before we have to drive to the gym. Both of us slept really well and were feeling in top form. So for once the wife wanted to come up with today's workout, she wanted to do something we have done before. No problem... i gave her the Ipad and she could go through the 200+ workouts we have done over the past year.

Warm up
1km on the rower

PVC pipe stretch, some jogging and then a more general stretch all over.

Wife's choice - TABATA

Row for Calories:
Wife = 44
Myself = 62

Sit ups & Wall balls
Wife = 37+38 = 75 reps
Myself = 39+42 = 81 reps

Du/Su & push ups
Wife = 207 su + 48 = 255 reps
Myself = 134 du+ 41 = 175 reps

Air Squats & KB swings 12/20kgs
Wife = 52 + 41 = 93 reps
Myself =51 + 55 = 106 reps

Superman
just get it done

This was a good mix of movements and we never really burnt out but had the chance to push it a little which was good. We still wanted to beat each other .

Cool down
Worked on shoulders and lats a little.
3x10 - Shoulder restraction over kettlebells
3x10 - End of range external rotation
3x10 - Lat retractions

Then a good stretch for 20min.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 12-05-2017 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:04 AM   #582
Alex Burden

Profile:

Here we go... Wednesday and all is good.... . Wife is in a good mood too.

So conditioning today and we know it will hurt a little, not a lot but just enough.

Warm up
2 rounds.
25/50 du/su and then jog 8 lengths of gym (160m)

then stretch a little all over to get the body going.

One of us was on the rower for 4 min at the same time and then switch places.

Then we continued to warm up on the rower/ski erg and AAB to work out how long it would take to hit a specific rep count.

Conditioning
EMOM 30 alternate between
min 1 = 8 cal Row (wife) - 10 cal on Ski Erg for myself
min 2 = 8 cal wife/10cal for myself on the AAB

This was a good 30min and really got the heart going. Just enough rest each minute.

Once done wife went onto:
10 sec on x 10 seconds off plank
10 sec on x 10 seconds off sit ups.

I did some work on HSPU basics to get me back into the feel of things. My impingment in my shoulder has meant i did not want to take any risks the past 2 months. So now i do not have long to bring this into my game before the open.

Cool down
A lot of sweating and a good stretch for 25min, no mobility work.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 12-06-2017 at 05:25 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #583
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

PM Sent. Hope that your day goes well!
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 12-07-2017, 02:42 AM   #584
Alex Burden

Profile:

Thursday morning and all by myself today and a bit of . Wife has to go into the city today so she did not have enough time to work out. Which also means i get to do what i want . So i decided on snatch technique.

Warm up
PVC pipe, stretch, mobility then into squats, slow snatch balances, front squats and into hang power snatches and a few other things.

I warm up by breaking down everything into small parts and then put the pieces together until i can hit a full snatch.

All in all 30-35min warm up

Snatch technique
So the plan was to work on my starting position and first pull. Make sure i start in exactly the same position every time. One major area was making sure my back was strait and tight with the lats activated.

So i started at 40kgs/88lbs and did maybe 10 reps or so resting between each rep to get back into the zone.

Then one of the personal trainers (Richie) at the gym was missing a client so he decided to also work on some snatch which was great. He worked off the smallest blocks.

So i went to 50kgs/110lbs and really started to hit some solid lifts. Everything was feeling great. Richie was getting into his lifts and we started to look at each others technique and i started to film each other and analyse the footage in the Iron Path Pro app. This is the first time he has seen the app and himself in such detail. We filmed every 3rd lift.

I also started to work from the blocks as well in between to really work on the pull and work on being explosive.

I moved up to 60kgs/132lbs and now things were getting really good, the bar was fyling up and i was so solid catching the bar and no movement at the bottom, so stable. This could also be seen in the film. The small pointers from Richie were paying off.

The same went for Richie as he pushed the bar up to 70 and 80kgs, when he failed a rep we could see and hear it. We were looking at the fine fine details that can make the difference between a bad and a good lift.

Time to go up to 65kgs/143lbs so now we have been lifting for an hour and things are really starting to fit into place. 65kgs is 87% of my 1rm (75kgs) so i know it is not that easy.
- 1st lift..... sweet... the bar just flew up, solid,
- 2nd lift the same,
- 3rd lift fails and right from the start there was a difference in the set up that threw me off. feedback from Richie on what i need to do.
- 4th lift probably the best lift of the day, caught the bar perfect at the bottom and boy was i stable.

That was me done for today after 80min of lifting. All in all maybe 25 full snatches. first time i have lifted 3x65kgs on the same day

Richie removed the blocks and it was full snatch time. 80, 85kgs were just flying up, solid compact lifts. Missed 2 at 85 and went back to 80. Small comment from me in between on what i saw and how he felt... bingo.. sharp sharp sharp lifts and the bar was just flying up.

and that was that for today, just a short stretch afterwards.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:56 AM   #585
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning soon the weekend. So the plan for today - back and traps, isolation work.

Warm up
jogged for 7min or so just to get the body warm.

Stretch mobility and resistance band shoulder warm up.

Back ++
Strict DB rows on raised bench 2x10 warm up plus 8x8 reps @ 8-24kgs
Shoulder flyes 1x10 warm up plu 6x10reps 4-10kgs
Barbell Shrugs 6x10 reps 15-50kgs
Resistance band lats/shoulders 6 x 12 reps

Focus on all reps and contract correctly to atually feel it and get the pump.

I went on to handstand holds and negatives plus short strict HSPU which i actually got down half way. Also did some HSPU basics from a box 6x6reps

Cool down
a good general stretch for 20min.

That was that for this week, back Monday

Last edited by Alex Burden : 12-08-2017 at 03:17 AM.
Old Today, 01:57 AM   #586
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and we have snow outside .... chilly . So today both the wife and i are feeling great, the weekend has been really good and we could really relax. We we out in the country for 3 days just taking it easy.

So things are a littlke different today as our best friend is going to be working out with us for the first time... so his first CF workout. We both trained karate together for 8 years so i know he can do a lot of things once shown. This took a little thinking as we needed to all do the workout but no stress and simple. We fixed it so he can train for 10 days with us for free. Free is always good

Warm up
So we all did around 1km on the rower to get going.

Then some PVC, restistance band work on the shoulders, both stretch and mobility. The a general all round strech and start to warm up with what was to come.

New to Crossfit workout
keeping it simple and no clock. Movements were easy to complete with very low risk.

10-8-6-4-2

KB swings wife 16kgs/35lbs, myself 24kgs/53lbs, friend 8kgs/17lbs
Med ball ground to over shoulder
Push ups
S2O/push press wife 20kgs/44lbs, myself 40kgs/88lbs, friend 20kgs/44lbs
T2B/K2C/situps
Box jumps 20"/24"

This was a good starter and we all finished around the same time which was also good. Our friend really liked it too.

Team effort complete at the same time
It works like this - AAB to Rower to Rest.
So one of us got to rest while the other two worked on the AAB and Rower. At any time anyone can say rotate and you had to rotate. This was also good because we did not want to kill our friend on the first day, so he more or less told us when to rotate. I was pleased because i could hit 20 cals on the rower and AAB within a minute on each, so this was my target, the wife went for 15 cals.

250 cal AAB
250 cal rower

Time to complete 17.52

Cool down
Clean up and a good stretch for 20min.