CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 03-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #51
Matt Thomas

Profile:
Re: Should women work out differently than men?

Well with the Britney Spears pictures, and I think someone else brought this up. She was like 17 in those pictures! Even if she hadn't done her 1,000 crunches or whatever her body can't stay like that forever. He's also kind of ignoring the fact that there are plenty of pictures people drooled over when she was in her 20s.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #52
Jason Wade Bumba

Profile:

1. Britney Spears looked great in the beginning, she looked great in the middle, and she looks great now (even bald). I feel sorry for her. I feel even more sorry for the women who are convinced they have to look like her to be attractive. Expecting a woman to be incredibly fit if you are an incredibly fit man is a realistic standard of beauty, but harping about her every line and curve is ridiculous....unless you are in the arrogant, unhealthy, and useless world of bodybuilding.

2. Eva T, the other "nasty girls", and many of the women on here are among the most attractive I have ever seen. Their prowess does indeed make me feel a little less masculine at times, but that does not make them less feminine. It just provides me with motivation to work out harder. Any man who feels less masculine because of a woman beating him at something and expects HER to change is a sissy. I like to be bigger and stronger than the women I date, but I put that burden on myself-not on the women who have more of a work ethic and more intestinal fortitude than me. If it weren't for testosterone they would totally bury us anyway since most of the women I have known who managed to overcome the terrible culture that teaches them to be weak were way more capable of tolerating pain than I. I have said it in my newbie post and I will say it again..."WARRIOR WOMEN ARE SO HOT!" There are only two things hotter than a fitness girl: female vocalists (who are often dancers), and dancers (who are also usually fitness girls). Real men like a challenge and rise to it as do real women.

3. It is NOT that easy to get big as I think any naturally skinny guy who has ever had to do supersquats 3 times a week and chug milk until he was sick to gain ten pounds can atest to. I am no expert trainer and I know that. Any woman I have ever introduced to strength training has almost always had that objection. What is funny is that it usually came from women who were terribly overweight. I was always too nice to point out they were already huge, but in the wrong way, but inside I was laughing my skinny butt off. I always seemed to be able to alleviate their fears by telling them that they would look like dancers or gymnasts. I think some women are scared that if they look at a barbell they will look like female bodybuilders. Just add one more thing modern bodybuilding and roids have done to try and destroy strength training. I think many women who are scared of having a little muscle may just be feeling that way because they are TAUGHT that. Let's replace our little girl's subscriptions to "baby cosmo" with MILO and see if they grow up feeling that its ok for them to be strong. When our daughters gain a little weight lets step UP the compliments and step up our responsibility for their nutrition. When our daughters realize they are different lets tell them that makes them even more beautiful. When our daughters need a female standard of beauty lets not let MTV be their babysitter.

4. I offer the theory that if women did more often push themselves into being as fit as possible and thus having a more Eva T (wonders if she minds being everyone's reference point) physique instead of worrying about their insecure boyfriends opinion of them that they would blast themselves into being able to date more confident and stronger men anyway. Maybe I don't date women who are bigger than me, but the women who are bigger than me don't usually seem to care since they are snuggled up to vikings.

5. I am completely clueless about women. Most men are. I figured out after many years that focusing on trying to figure out what they want is a huge mistake. Figure out what YOU want and go after it with gusto. That seems to be the type of men who are surrounded by women anyway.

6. I already realize I talk too much so thanks for letting me be in the same room with all of you. I like to make lists. Peace.

Last edited by Jason Wade Bumba : 03-08-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #53
Jason Wade Bumba

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Celso View Post
shoot, neal, i guess it depends on which playmate or victoria's model you're taking about and the aspring female's starting point.

ok, i just did a little research over at playboy.com. with the exception of one girl (h mcquaid - she's hot! !) i don't think crossfit would make make most women look like that. it could help some get on the road towards the look of the other models, but they'd have to eat like 2 blocks a day and stop everything once they neared the target weight then live on some kinda no food diet. most of those girls looked nice from the waist up, but only the one had a bottom end that i'd look twice at.

i don't have the patience to go read the other articles, but i don't think they'd work (those girls on playboy (except mcquaid) don't DO anything), and even if they did... i'm all about that @$$ so any gurl i train will be squatting A LOT!

i'd like to take this moment to apologize to women for objectifying them. it's just that...

i like big butts and i cannot lie...
Word! Women ARE sex objects...to men. Men are sex objects too....to women. The problem comes when they are treated like that is all they have to offer. I hate that we have become so politically correct that we can't say @ss without someone trying to sue us.