CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-08-2008, 12:54 AM   #401
Jesse Emers

Profile:
Re: The Erin Experiment

Coming home very soon Erin! Your training looks great, just might need some more rest. I definitely could use the rest. This will be fun. :stir:
Old 06-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #402
Veronica Davis

Profile:

Looking good E. Suck looks like it super sucks.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #403
Kristin Hoppe

Profile:

Quote:
Sigh. I'm going to have to live in a hole to control myself.
Can I join you? Maybe I should start posting my meals too. Starting tomorrow... since I had a donut this morning. *sigh*
Old 06-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #404
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina Johnson View Post
Wow Erin-working really hard. Your #s are looking great !
Thanks, Gina. I'd like to get better (read: more Gina-like) at more of the gymnastics stuff (it's pretty much missing from my training at this point).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Emers View Post
Coming home very soon Erin! Your training looks great, just might need some more rest. I definitely could use the rest. This will be fun. :stir:
Yeah. Rest is good. Been sleeping a lot more lately which I think is helping recovery a lot...probably not my list of things to do tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Davis View Post
Looking good E. Suck looks like it super sucks.
Ha. See you can take that either way...a) sucks for you b) sucks for your opposing team. Either way, I LOVE games. How's that challenge shaping up? Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to spring for the trip down (have tons going on lately)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin Hoppe View Post
Can I join you? Maybe I should start posting my meals too. Starting tomorrow... since I had a donut this morning. *sigh*
I feel you. I think posting is generally helpful up until the point where I stress about posting on time...

Hmm, speaking of...it's been a while again.

SATURDAY, June 7, 2008

Rested for the most part.

SUNDAY, June 8, 2008

Same as above...but my mom made me play tennis from 2-5 in 97 degree humidity. I threw up. Awesome. (I'm not one of those that thinks "meeting pukie" is the goal here...)

MONDAY, June 9, 2008

Doing just to get through:

6 rounds of:

6 kipped pullups (using somewhere between a chin and semi-supinated grip - getting pretty high on first reps)
6 Burpees (with the right kind of pushup)

PUs were consecutive all except one set that came in 2s.
Burpees consecutive.

Then 15 OH Squats @ 45#.

Then 3 rounds of:

7 65# full squat cleans.
7 Pushups (trying for really good form, drew elbows in...but snaking a bit)

400m Run.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

11:00am:

Dynamic Warmup + some extra T-Spine mobility stuff.

Single Leg Squats (3x5 bottom up)
Supine Rows (2x10 off smith machine)
OH Squat @ 45# (1x10 w/ pause before coming out of the hole, trying out a "think of the hips alone" cue from Rippetoe)
DB Shoulder Press: 30x3, 30x3, 35x1 (failed a first on left arm)
800m run (4:15)

Wanted to row some but machines were taken up for a while. Worked up a good sweat doing all this. No pullups because tennis later on.

2p-3p: Few laps and games with some kids around a pool because it is officially hot as HELL round here.

9p-11:30p:

Singles on hard-tru in Manhattan at this place: http://www.cityviewracquet.com/album.asp (wfs) Pretty much the swankiest club I've ever played in. The bathrooms were ridiculous. But 2 games into the first set a huge storm blew up and the lights in the bubble started swaying back and forth, hitting each other, getting tangled...I'd never seen anything like it. We had to wait a while to get back on the courts, but it was a pretty crazy looking scene while we waited.

Lost 3 and 1. About half the games I lost went to deuce and I was actually ahead in the first set. My mental game's off. I need to play more tennis so that I don't choke when I get ahead. Down the line forehand working really well last night. Times when I held serve were due to my serve being on, tho not as consistent as I'd like it to be. Backhand embarrassing. Some pretty good gets. I'm better on hard court than on clay because I play a pretty agressive game (clay takes the edge of powerful hitters, the ball moves more slowly. It's why Federer and Sharapova lose on clay, as good as they are)...but on either, if I lose, I lose because I'm impatient. Need to stop that.

Psyched to DL today.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #405
Erin Davidson

Profile:

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 11, 2008

3:45p: WOD: Conventional Deadlift 5x3

(4 blocks + a cup of coffee + some water, so far today and about 9 hrs. of sleep after playing last night and not eating anything afterward)

Dynamic Warmup

135x3, 145x3, 155x3, 160x3*, 155x3

*PR for reps.

Max DL last I checked was 165 (had pulled 170 way back in the beginning of the year). Kept tension in the hamstrings between reps while letting the load just touch the ground (i.e. didn't bounce from the bottom). Form only FELT a little off in the last set. Gave myself a few minutes in between sets to recover (probably more like 1-2 min). Was surprised at how easily 155 went up 3x in a row (the first time it did). Gonna read up on DL in SS real soon. I love Rippetoe. Bar's still a little far from me than I'd like and there are other minor timing things I'd like to work on. Brace was a lot better this time. Legs and hands shaking afterward. Used a bit of gorilla grip (same stuff I use for tennis grip) but grip definitely wasn't limiting factor this time. Seems like abdominal brace and imperfect technique are keeping me from getting more/weight. Hmph.

Row 400m - 2:04
Run 400m - 2:24

Again, shaking. Man, DL pummels me.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #406
Alix Clark

Profile:

Nice free-climbing avatar Erin!

I find food def the toughest thing. Happy to exercise until the cows come home but then... I WANT BREAD!!! Even though I know it's not going to make me feel great. So I thoroughly admire you for Zoning!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #407
Camille Lore

Profile:

Hey I hear ya with the heat! It's a little cooler up where I am, but it's been bad!
Nice job on the deadlifts.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:37 AM   #408
Veronica Davis

Profile:

Erin - I was hoping you'd be able to make it. Oh well ... another time. You know how I feel about DL, so great job. I'm thinking about reading up on Coach Rip as well. There's always something to learn.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #409
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Nice running times, Erin! Keep up the great work on DL's, too!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #410
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix Clark View Post
Nice free-climbing avatar Erin!

I find food def the toughest thing. Happy to exercise until the cows come home but then... I WANT BREAD!!! Even though I know it's not going to make me feel great. So I thoroughly admire you for Zoning!
Thanks. Definitely one of my favorite things to do (free climb) not zone...heh. Kidding...I was actually thinking today how good I actually feel on the zone. I hate the feeling of being weighed down by food. Well. Maybe I don't hate being weighed down by pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Lore View Post
Hey I hear ya with the heat! It's a little cooler up where I am, but it's been bad!
Nice job on the deadlifts.
Ja. Basically I'm melting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Davis View Post
Erin - I was hoping you'd be able to make it. Oh well ... another time. You know how I feel about DL, so great job. I'm thinking about reading up on Coach Rip as well. There's always something to learn.
Thanks, V! I'd check out Coach Rips Thread on The ************ Forum to start. I love the way he writes...and I especially admire his abilities specifically as a Coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Patenaude View Post
Nice running times, Erin! Keep up the great work on DL's, too!
Merci, GP! I want to make them better. And I feel that they could be...we'll see. Btw, you are sooooooooo an affiliate now, eh???

THURSDAY, June 12, 2008

Oh boy. I hurt my back DLing again. Woke up very stiff. Thing is, although my lumbar spine feels pretty sensitive, the middle of my back (spinal erectors pretty much) is also sore. Also, my lats and glutes. So, that's kind of a good thing...maybe. Blah.

I'm gonna think long and hard about going to a yoga class tonight. I need it for a variety of reasons and I'll only do movements that don't compromise my back (I'll tell the instructor).

May get a waitressing job soon during the afternoons to support my extravagant lifestyle.