CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-31-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
Eric Hawkins

Profile:  
Well, its time for me to post up here as i have been doing the WOD for a few weeks now. As i said in the title, all i have to say is "wow".

I have been training at home, by myself, for probably the better part of 3-4 years now. I did tons of studying on bodybuilding and how to develop this muscle to look great, and that one to look better. I had 30+ isolation exercises carefully planned out over 4 days, with 3 days off. I went from skinny 155 lbs with fat to 145 muscular and built all the way up to 160 muscular, I thought my results were the best i could do,

And then i tried crossfit.....

Scott Kustes (he's on here) and I know each other from a local webboard and he finally convinced me to try crossfit. I must admit i was very nervous to just up and throw away all my research and what i thought was the perfect routine. I feared losing results of things like biceps.

Well after a few rounds my arms did not shrink, but grew. Not only grew but got 10 times more solid. Frame finally started expanding as well. It's all the results i was looking for from weight training and more. After just a few workouts my tolerance to fuzzy head went thru the roof. Motions i thought i would be strong on make me realize i'm weak. You guys that post in WOD comments are freaks of nature (no offense) and are great motivators and goals to strive for.

This program rocks. Its exciting to think what the results will be 6 weeks or 6 months from now.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:56 PM   #2
J. D. Hernandez

Profile:

Eric,

Congrats on your sucess. Best of luck with your training, and welcome to the community.

J.D.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:51 PM   #3
Coach

Profile:

Eric,

WOW!

You'll be surprised how long the adaptation keeps coming. It's scary.

Old 04-01-2004, 10:43 AM   #4
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Congrats Eric!

I just had my first go at P-bar swings yesterday. I am lame in every fiber of my being today! There really exists an infinite progression with all of this. We will never be bored or unchallenged!
Robb
Old 04-01-2004, 10:47 AM   #5
Matt Mast

Profile:  
Congrats Eric! That's awesome to hear.