CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
Mat Murphy

Profile:
Elite FTS Med Balls

Hi everybody! I've been lurking on here for a while, but this is my first post. I've been slowly building a garage gym for the past two years (I plan to show it off here soon) and I wanted to share what I think was an awesome find. If these have already been reviewed here or if anyone else has input, please share.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...lt.asp?cid=453 WFS

I was leery of these balls at first because I haven't seen any reviews, but I took the plunge because the price is great and the shipping rate was even better. Elite FTS claims these to be suitable for slamming where most manufacturers advise against it for this type of ball.

I ordered a pair of 10# balls a couple weeks ago ($74.25 bogo free), then I noticed this sale over the weekend and ordered a pair of 20# ($53.49 bogo free). The material feels almost like a faux leather. Not as nice as Dynamax or Rage, but better than any Chinese ball with that plastic feel. They feel pretty soft so I'm not going to slam on the driveway too much, but I think it'll be cool for the stall mats. I don't want to say they're lumpy, but they are pliable. Not as tight as my dynamax balls, but they seem to fly well for wall balls and the bounce is minimal on slams.

Again, this is my initial perception. I'll try to update this as they get some more innings but, for the price, it's hard to pass up. Basically 4 of these for 1 of the tried and true balls. I figure even if they turned out to be garbage, they have a 1 year warranty and I could just put the extra away until the first one busts. I'm not going to do that because I think these will hold up just fine. If you have want to see pictures or video, just let me know.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Kyle Feliberty

Profile:
Re: Elite FTS Med Balls

Matt or anyone else, the price can't be beat and I do not doubt that ETS puts out a hell of a product. Quick question.. Does the ball say on it what weight it is? The pics on the link don't really show it. For a box setting it's imperative that members are easily able to distinguish one weight from another.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #3
Mat Murphy

Profile:

They are labeled. The number is in roughly the same place as it is on Dynamax balls, but just a bit smaller. I don't think there would be any confusion in a gym
Old 05-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
Kyle Feliberty

Profile:

Thanks Mat, just ordered a pair of 20# and 12#.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
Mat Murphy

Profile:

FYI, I got an email today saying this sale is ending Thursday
Old 05-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
John Falco

Profile:

Hey Matt...I know it's only been a week since you posted, but how do the Elite balls seem to be holding up? I'm considering purchasing these for my gym and am wondering if they will withstand regular use by multiple people everyday.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
Tom Nguyen

Profile:

it says buy one get one free- so do you put 1 in the quantity or 2? 2 makes the price go to $106 for the 20-lb ball
Old 05-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
Mat Murphy

Profile:

They're doing great so far. As I said, I'm sure they'll hold up in a box, but they come with a 1 year warranty if they don't. The Rage balls at my box are looking pretty rough and they're not even a year old. I like the feel of my dynamax balls a little better, but these actually feel a little tougher.

When I checked out, I put 1 for the quantity and got 2 balls. Basically 4 of these for the same price as one of the other balls

Well worth the price
Old 05-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
Jason Darrow

Profile:

Thanks Matt for the heads up. I just ordered mine!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
Chris Bland

Profile:

As Mat said earlier about these med balls, these are great for the money but really not a slam ball. I live about 30 minutes from their warehouse so drove down to check them out before purchasing. It is a quality ball. They are softer than my other 20 lbs med balls but they have held up well so far and feel nice to catch.

The ball that should get more play but hasn't yet is the Troy VTX ball. That is as solid wall ball as I have used. It can be used as a slam ball if needed.