CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
John Gamble

Profile:
How do you put videos on an Ipod?

I have been trying to put some of the videos on my Ipod-to no avail. I can save them as a Quicktime file and import them into itunes.Then I convert them in itunes to go on the ipod, but they will not transfer. They play fine in itunes. I had tried a program called Handbrake to also convert them to a mp4 file but it does not seem to work. It would great to be able share on an ipod-seems like it should not be this hard. Has anyone had any luck?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #2
Joshua Murphy

Profile:
Re: How do you put videos on an Ipod?

Welcome John,

The "Technical" section of the board is for issues pertaining to the board itself, not general technology questions. I have moved your post to the "community" section as others might have some insight.

I do not have an answer for you, but I did find this link that maybe useful: (w/f safe) http://www.ipodarchive.com/ipodhelp_loading.asp

Best,
Josh

"Warp Spasm" courtesy of http://www.anne-madden.com/LeBPages/...bration21.html (WFS)
Old 03-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
John Gamble

Profile:

Josh,

Thanks for the link and re-posting. I have actually figured out to get the videos on an iPod since posting in case anyone is interested. I takes a little time, but worth it for some of the great videos.
Here goes the steps:
-You must have a video or later generation iPod that plays videos.
-When you have the video playing in quicktime from the website, go to file then save page as. Name it it and put it whatever folder you want to keep track of the videos.
-Drag or add that file into iTunes. Now here is the time consuming step, because it will play in iTunes but will not transfer to your iPod at this point.
-Once you have it iTunes you must convert it to play on an iPod. In windows you can right click on the file and select the option "create iPod/phone version". In a Mac environment highlight the video in iTunes and then from the advanced menu select "create iPod/iPhone version". This takes a long time-like 1/2-hour for a ten minute video. You are converting these files to a MP4 format.

If that doesn't work, then you'll need a 3rd party converter (the iPod/iTunes won't play .avi files).

good luck-it is pretty cool to have some of the classic videos on an iPod.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
Andy Shirley

Profile:

I've been using Isquint(free, google it) on my Mac and found it much faster to download the video, then convert it with iSquint. After conversion iSquint will automatically add it to iTunes library.