CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-30-2017, 02:41 AM   #551
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

At last!! back in the gym after our vacation and both of us was looking forward to it. Now the only negative thing at the moment is our sleep pattern if off by 4-5 hours, so we are waking up at 02.00 which is a real pain. The thing is we are both hungry when we wake up too Hopefully this will be allot better after today as we get back into our daily routine.

Plan for today, just get back into things and keep it simple.

Warm up 2 rounds each - Rotate after each round

Row (one of us started here)

while the other completes

25/50 Du/Su
5 Air squats
Run/jog 2 lengths of gym
5 Air squats
Run/jog 2 lengths of gym
5 Air squats
Run/jog 2 lengths of gym
25/50 Du/Su

these rounds took between 1.40 and 2min each.

Getting back into it no time limit

Buy in - 50/100 Du/Su

3 rounds of
10 KB Swings 12/20kg
10 WB 4/9kg
10 Pull ups/ring pulls
10 Burpees
10 Box jumps 16/24"
10 Walking lunges

Buy out - 50/100 Du/Su

So the plan was that this was not going to be hard work but that changed quite soon. Mid second round my stomach started to cramp and this took everything out of me. I the reason for this was that i ate an orange an hour before and the acid from it must have played havok with me. I never eat in the morning before we workout but i was so damn hungry and made a wrong choice.. a banana would have been better. i actually thought i was going to throw up , so the wife finished about 5min before me.

Cool down

A good stretch for 30min after the 10min it took for me to recover.

great to be back but maybe not the best start.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:26 AM   #552
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning - we both woke up 1½ hours earlier today which means that we are almost back on Swedish mean time. Sleep is so important and thsi really messes you up when you don't sleep well.

Plan for today was keeping it simple and get back to feeling that steel barbell .

Warm up
Extensive shoulder warm up with resistance bands
then a good allround stretch into warming up with all of the movements to come.

Barbell Complex E2MOM 15 rounds
Start at any weight, increase weight whenever we wanted between rounds. We had a good 1.40 rest on each round which was good because we needed the time to be able to increase the weight and get the bar in the right set up position on the floor.

1 Dead lift
1 Hang power clean
1 Split jerk
1 Back Squat
1 Strict shoulder press from behind neck
1 Front squat

The flow from movement to movement worked really well and we could keep our hands in the same position on the bar throughout the complex.

Wife - 15, 19, 20, 23. 25, 27, 29, 29, 31, 32, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36kgs/79lbs
Myself - 40, 45, 45, 50, 50, 53, 55, 57, 60, 60, 62, 63, 64, 66, 70kgs/154lbs

both very pleased with the results today. Everything felt so fluid and smooth.

Final - 5x1min max cal row 1min rest between rounds

Wife - 16, 14, 15, 16, 16
Myself - 25, 23, 24, 24, 24

our rowers really need a service, i don't know how many times i have told them!!! we loose so much when they run so badly.

Cool down
30 min stretch of everything and anything.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:07 AM   #553
Alex Burden

Profile:

Wednesday morning and the start of my new schedule for the coming months until the open. Wednesday is now conditioning, cardio day only. Slept better last night and even though we woke at 01.00 we fell back to sleep quite quickly. Still a pain but this will be back to normal soon.

Warm up
a light strect and 5min on the treadmill at a resonably fast rate to get the body going.

Cardio
20min on the treadmill with it set to 1 degrees angle.

Wife - 3km which also burned 221 calories
Myself - 3,7km/ 441 calories

Can't understand why there was such a difference in the calories. otherwise we were both pleased with that as we havn't ran for quite a while, plu s i weigh 98kgs/216lbs at the moment.

E4MOM for 5 rounds
Row for total meters

0-2min = Row for meters
2-4min = 50/100 Du/Su

Wife - 430, 423, 420, 425, 437m Total = 2135m
Myself - 526, 505, 501, 503, 514m Total = 2549m

This one was quite good and you really need to think about it as you can burn youself out quite easliy on the rower. We kept the pacing nice and even thoughout.

Cool Down
25min stretch
Old 11-02-2017, 02:05 AM   #554
Alex Burden

Profile:

Thursday morning and feeling quite good... woke up real early today and could not get back to sleep so i got up at 04.00 mind you i went to bed at 20.00 last night, i was so tired. So i woke the wife up at 05.10, she was tired but in a good mood.

The plan for today was a mash up of the unknowable. So all i did yesterday was write down.. AMRAP, Complex, max cal, tabata, for time and 21-15-9 and nothing else.

Warm up
5min on the rower to get the blood flowing...
extensive shoulder mobility work and stretch, plus a general stretch on the rest of the body.

Mash up
When we were done with the warm up i went to the wipe board and wrote the 6 above. Nothing else. From this we decided on what to work on first what movement/s, weight, if there is a time limit or if we do the wod together or compete against each other and so on. We decided on the first WOD only, once this was done we chose the next wod to complete and followed the same process.

The wife decided on TABATA first and sit ups, both working at the same time.
Wife - 62 reps
Myself - 72 reps

Complex next - wife said we should use the KB 12/20kg. just do it, not for time. Both complete all of the reps.
2,2,2,4,4,4,6,6,6 -10,10,10

Dead lift
KB swings
Goblet squats

I chose the AMRAP partner, so i decided for 3min and chose the movements. We decided to rotate after 5 reps which kept the rotation time down once we got going.
10 ring pulls
10 push ups

Total - 5+2 = 102reps

For time next, wife chose barbell DL and 60% of BW. Share the workload.

100 DL - time 3.04

21-15-9 just do it.
Box jumps 20/24
S20 20/40kgs

Max cal wife chose the rower for 4min

total 67cal

This was a good mash up of WODs today and kept us on our toes. A good variation of everything that went through the whole body.

Cool down
25min stretch all over and clean up our ****.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 11-02-2017 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:08 AM   #555
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning feeling good, still waking up early but this is not having any negative affect on my workout. Wife was a little tired but in a really good mood.

Focus today, quality over quantity. Snatch

Warm up
Extensive full body stretch and mobility work. Inbetween this we squated, did shoulder presses, deadlifts, snatch balance with very light weights to reach full range of motion and build up a little speed. All in all 30min

Snatch
Did things a little different today. We had to complete 2 movements prior to the snatch to build up confidence getting under the bar and also feeling secure during the first pull. This was done for the lighter snatches and the number of rounds were higher.

We were not allowed to move on to the next weight if your last lift was not solid. There is no point in increasing the weight for the next lift if the previous one was not of good quality.

1 DL (at least 20-30kg higher than your snatch attempt)
1 Snatch balance
1 Snatch

Once the weight moved up a little i removed the snatch balance and changed the DL to snatch grip DL high pull from my routine. The wife continued with the same routine the whole time.

Wife
DL was 50kgs the whole time
Snatch balance 5-19kgs
Snatch 5-19kgs

She became more and more confident during the session and so so stable under the bar. She completed on average 3 reps on each movement before moving on. I noticed one small thing and that was her elbows were in the wrong place so i made her rotate them correctly in the set up.... and wow.... her lifts looked so slow but they weren't, explosive and so compact. The important hing was that she could feel the differnece throughout.

Myself
DLHP 70kgs - Snatch 40kgs - x5 x5 reps
DLHP 80kgs - Snatch 45kgs - x3 x3 reps
DLHP 80kgs - Snatch 50kgs - x2 x2 reps
DLHP 80kgs - Snatch 55kgs - x2 Fx2 reps
DLHP 80kgs - Snatch 60kgs - x1 x1 reps
DLHP 90kgs - Snatch 65kgs - x1 x1 reps
DLHP 90kgs - Snatch 70kgs/154lbs - x1 Fx1 reps (93% of 1RM)
DLHP no attempt - Snatch 73kgs/160lbs - F (97% of 1RM)

Once i was done with the warm up i removed the snatch balance and got strait into things. The snatch felt so light in the first pull and i was very confident when the weight went up. I had one failure early and that was because the bar was not against my shins. Failed at 70 by the smallest margin and that was only due to the fact that i never try and save a bad lift! by bad i mean if i am unstable at the bottom and the bar swings a little i will drop it. Second attempt was brilliant, so stable. 73kgs attempt was so so close, i had it over my head but it was not stable so i let it go.

All in all our session was 80min just on the snatch, plenty of rest and focusing between the reps.

Cool down
a general stretch of this and that while we cleaned up.

The wife really please with today and had a smile on her face that was from ear to ear. Things are really starting to fall into place on her techinqe before she starts to increase the weight.

Same goes for me.. i was pleased with today as the last time i hit 70kgs was in April, even though i hit 65kgs a month ago. Things are getting back on the road.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:20 AM   #556
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and both of us are a little tired but the great thing is that we are back on Swedish time when it comes to our sleeping pattern. Did quite a few jobs around the house over the weekend in preparation for the winter. Monday workouts are always a little up and down after the weekends for some reason.... Had a plan for today and i knew it would stink, just becasue i planned it for today, but we still had hopes for it

Warm up 2 rounds
Row 2 minutes while the other completes

20/40 du/su
jog 4 lengths of gym
10 air squats
20/40 du/su

Then a general stretch and start to warm up with the movements to come. All in all 25-30mmin.

Will it stink?

E2MOM starting with 1 rep on each movement, reps increase by 1 after every round. WOD stops when you cannot complete the round within the 2min time frame.

Wall ball 3/6kgs
T2B/K2C
Barbell row 20/40kgs
Bench press 20/40kgs
Front squat 20/40kgs

Wife - 10 + 45reps = total 265 reps
Myself - 8 + 36 reps = total = 216 reps

We did this 1½ years ago and our results were better back then. Wife did a great job and really pushed it for a Monday and blew me out of the park . My problem today was my T2B, they were all unbroken to round 7 and all of a sudden during round 8 i lost my kip and had to jump down and reset, same thing during the round of 9 the T2B is where i lost the time i needed to get through the round. Improving my T2B is one of my focus movements for the open.

Once i was out i kept the wife going giving her motivation and telling her how much time she had left.I was very impressed even if we had lower scores that the last time.

After that i needed to do a little more so i did the following:
5 x 8 reps hang power snatch 40kgs
5 MU's
1000m on the rower

Cool down
clean up and stretch for 20min.

Not bad for a Monday....
Old 11-06-2017, 09:43 AM   #557
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Burden View Post

Wall ball 3/6kgs
T2B/K2C
Barbell row 20/40kgs
Bench press 20/40kgs
Front squat 20/40kgs

Wife - 10 + 45reps = total 265 reps

If anyone noticed my math was way off... the wife put me strait on that. I have no idea what I was thinking
The actual results.

Wife - 10 + 45reps = total 320 reps

Big sorry to the wife on that
Old 11-07-2017, 01:46 AM   #558
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning and feeling really really good. Our sleeping pattern is not back on Swedish time and we both feel allot fresher in the morning, maybe a tired but fresh. -2 centigrade this morning, so a little slippery on the roads.. time for winter tyres.

Plan for today .... Pull nice and simple.

Warm up
3min on the rower

Shoulder warm up and lat activation then a general stretch for 10min or so.

Pull
Dead lift 3, 3 ,3 ,3 ,3 , 3

Warm up as required and then start at whatever weight we wanted. We could either stay at a weight for multiple rounds or increase the weight.

Wife - 45, 55, 65, 70, 75, 80kgs/176lbs
Myself - 90, 105, 120, 125, 130, 137kgs/301lbs

Wife was quite surprised that the weight felt so light today as it has been a while since we went heavier. As i told her she has progressed. I was also pleased with today, all of the lifts were really solid with great form. I did not push it too far today as we need to get back into lifting heavy.

Pull ups - strict 1,1,2,2,3,3
Wife did 1 then i did 1, then 2,2 and we took it as far as we can go.

Wife - round of 6 completed = 21 in total (used resistance band)
Myself - 6+5 = 26 in total

Then 1 round of max pull ups kipping...
Wife was losing her grip after 7 as she had no hand protection and jumped off. She then did another 5reps.
I did 19 unbroken which i was very pleased with today.

Back extentions 8x8 reps
We did 2 varients of this and got a really good burn.

Just to finish it all off - Russian twists 8x10 reps
Then some band work for abs.

Cool Down
A good stretch for 20min
Old 11-08-2017, 03:05 AM   #559
Alex Burden

Profile:

Wednesday morning - conditioning.

Warm up
Chris Hinshaw warm up for running, this took us around 15min or so.

Plus a few minutes stretch on things we needed a little more time on.

20 min run on treadmill
Wife - walked the first minute and then kept an even pace until the final couple of minute where she increased the speed.
Distance - 3km
Calories - 225

Myself - using a different treadmill compared to last week. Started at 9km/hr for 2 minutes and increased it to 10KM/hr for 5min, 10.5km/hr for 4min, 11km/hr for 3 min, 12km/hr for 2min. The final 4min increased the speed at different intervals until the final minute that was a 15km/hr pace.
Distance - 3.7km
Calories - 400

Wife felt really good all the way apart from a toe that was rubbing in her shoe. I stated to feel my lower back after 5min or so, not surprised after the back work we did yesterday. Both pleased with the results.. funny enough we ran exactly the same distance last week.

Medball carry.
1km Medball carry holding the ball in front of you. You are not allowed to let the ball touch the ground.

Wife - 10kg/22lbs
Myself - 20kg/44lbs

This was a burner and took us both just over 10min.

Final 5 rounds of
30/60 Du/Su
Jog 2 lengths of gym

Cool down
good stretch for 20min

Last edited by Alex Burden : 11-08-2017 at 03:25 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:49 AM   #560
Alex Burden

Profile:

Thursday monring and feeling surprisingly good. Wife was a little tired but was looking forward to today. Today - Power C&J

Warm up
1k on the row to get going. Then an all round stretch´warm up in preperation for the C&J inbetween squats, S2O dead lifts and other stuff.
Then i stole the push press from the knees from @jasonkhalipa Cool tool to use when working hip extension and timing on the push press. Transfers over to other explosive movements as well.
All in all this took around 30min.

Power Clean and Jerk 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
The reason for the power clean in the movement was to make us pull harder and really explode with the hips. This is also a good test of strength. Warm up with the movement as much as we wanted and then we have to start to lift. We decided on our own weights and when we wanted to increase. We only got 6 lifts in total.

Wife - 25, 30, 35, 35, 40kgs/88lbs 95% of 1rm, 43F on PB attempt.

Wife repeated 35kgs as she was not pleased with the lift and the speed during the jerk. She repeated it and it was so much better and solid. 40kgs was not a problem getting it up but she was a little unsure about 43 and almost go it overhead. She wanted to try for it again but i said no! as she had used her 6 lifts. Next time i said. next time. She then got the fever and wanted to do some snatch, so she did some hang power squat snatches working on technique with the barbell, at least 25 reps.

Myself - 75, 80, 85, 85, 90, 95kgs/209lbs new PB by 1kg

Early lifts felt really solid and the bar was flying up in the clean. My first attempt at 85kgs was not a solid lift in the jerk, i did not drive myself under the bar and my feet were too close together. So i repeated the lift, confidence and drove my legs apart and really got under the bar... great lift. 90kgs was also a solid lift. 95kgs was not a solid lift as i did not drive my legs apart in the jerk, even though it was not that difficult to get the bar overhead. Still a PB is a PB, something to think about next time... 100kgs is within reach.

C&J took about 30min for the 6 lifts

DB snatch
Decided we could do a few DB snatches, wife used 8+10kg dumbells and i used a 22kg. Only 3rd time wife has done this so we worked on technique and feeling. Filmed her so that she could understand what she was doing. Not sure how many wife did, i did 60 or so.

Cool Down
Clean up and stretch for 20min.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 11-09-2017 at 02:01 AM.