CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:57 PM   #1
Alexander Karatis

Profile:
Just got a simple idea...

It would be cool if everyone (registered) could post their individual "benchmarks" on a special part of the site. That part would require registration, and CFitters would post their PRs in benchmark WODs like our beautiful ladies, back squats, 5k runs, pull ups, pushups etc. Now I would say it would be even cooler to track progress and show how fast a person progressed across the board, but that could get complex.

The "WODLOG" would make for an excellent way to keep track of progress, show the world what CFitters can do and motivate us through friendly competition and assistance in our weak areas!
Old 09-05-2004, 01:57 PM   #2
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Alexander,

We like the idea! Lynne and I are talking it over now...
Old 09-08-2004, 03:18 PM   #3
Lani Lau

Profile:

Dave Werner, Scott McPeek and I along with others have been discussing the possibility of an online workout/PR log. Dave seems to have done the most thinking about it. Has anyone worked on something like this? Mike Minium indicated he may have some techincal expertise re: this kind of data base. Are there others who are interested in this kind of project? Has this already been discussed somewhere else?
Old 09-08-2004, 05:47 PM   #4
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Great idea, sounds kind of like a eletronic version of my white board downstairs, probably a little less messy and more organized.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:04 AM   #5
Mike Yukish

Profile:
Even just the ability to do a search on one's username in all of the daily WOD postings would be useful. Then, by just a little bit of discipline in how you write your daily update, you could easily search for any previous result.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:30 AM   #6
Matt Toupalik

Profile:
I've seen a few discussion boards like this one that had a separate section on the site for posting workouts, goals, etc.Each participant would just start his or her own thread with a title ie "Mike's Log", "My Summer Log", "Competition Log", etc, and update it daily or whenever they perform their workouts.Maybe something along those lines could be used here.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:01 AM   #7
Graham Hayes

Profile:
I've been doing a similar thing on my blog since Febuary, I find it very useful especially for workouts that repeat e.g. lift focus, benchmarks...also I note my p.r's when they occur.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:07 PM   #8
Lauren Glassman

Profile:  
Mike,
You can do a search for a particular user name in our search option on the main page of the site. I believe it will bring up all of your posts for the WOD.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:38 PM   #9
Laura Rucker

Profile:
I started doing this on an excel spreadsheet the other day. It would be cool if we could do it online.

7 weeks of crossfit, and counting...

Laura R.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:34 AM   #10
Michael Pearce

Profile:
What kind of stuff did you put on your excel spreadsheet? I am interested in makeing something like that myself.