CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-25-2013, 03:04 AM   #491
Matthew Williams

Profile:
Re: El Capitan's Crossfit Log

How's it going Joe? Looking pretty busy on the log. Are you still on a diet challenge?
Old 06-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #492
Joe C Thomas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Williams View Post
How's it going Joe? Looking pretty busy on the log. Are you still on a diet challenge?
Hey Matt. Going good. I'm actually deployed with the military right now so I'm able to focus a little more on my fitness and nutrition. Anyhow, yeah, I'm still working on my diet as a whole. I'm still pretty restrictive, not tracking it as closely now, but definitely trying to find a way to maintain this instead of looking at it like a short term deal. I want this to be the norm, and if I endulge occasionally, then that's all it is. An occasional deviation, not the standard. Anyhow, looks like you've been hitting hard as well. Getting that Squat back up too.

BTW, we have some of your countrymen over here. Good guys. Talked to them for a bit last night. I also have a troop that grew up near Oxford. Small world. Take care, and good luck.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #493
Joe C Thomas

Profile:

26 Jun 13

Rest Day. Definitely pulled my quad up near my hip flexor. Need to really be dilligent about flexibility and mobility.

Day 10: 100 pushups
Total: 1000 pushups

27 Jun 13

Played a Softball Game. Felt my leg slightly, but not bad. Decided to workout afterward but only upper body. Giving my leg some more rest.

Bench
Work up to 3RM
45 x 8
135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 3
225 x 3
235 x 3
245 x 3
Legit. Felt better, arm is not hurting bad and I'm moving up the ladder.

Muscle Up Practice
Did about 20 muscle ups from knees, really focusing on getting through the transition fast. I'm going to make it a point to practice these a lot more!

Shot Basketball for about 30 min afterward and had several pretty good jumps. Even as heavy as I am and with a sore leg. It's amazing what some added strength will do. Once I start moving into some more plyos and power stuff, and drop some weight, i should be dunking with ease!

Day 11: 100 pushups
Total: 1100 pushups
Old 06-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #494
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C Thomas View Post
Hey Matt. Going good. I'm actually deployed with the military right now so I'm able to focus a little more on my fitness and nutrition. Anyhow, yeah, I'm still working on my diet as a whole. I'm still pretty restrictive, not tracking it as closely now, but definitely trying to find a way to maintain this instead of looking at it like a short term deal. I want this to be the norm, and if I endulge occasionally, then that's all it is. An occasional deviation, not the standard. Anyhow, looks like you've been hitting hard as well. Getting that Squat back up too.

BTW, we have some of your countrymen over here. Good guys. Talked to them for a bit last night. I also have a troop that grew up near Oxford. Small world. Take care, and good luck.
That's good to hear mate. I'm the same with the diet. If I can keep it clean for the majority then a few cheat meals here and there aren't going to cause me too much trouble. My main thing is hydration, if I let that slip I really see the impact on my performance.

We've started following the same squat programme as Outlaw is prescribing. On week two now and it's good. I've needed to get back onto my squats for a little while so this has come at the right time.

Oxford isn't far from me, only an hour and a half drive. Then again England is a pretty small place in comparison so. you can pretty much get from one end of the country to the other in around 6 hours (depending if you want to venture into Scotland!)!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #495
Joe C Thomas

Profile:

28 Jun 13

C&J
Work up to a Heavy Single
2x2 Moderate
45, 95, 135, 155, 185, 205
2 x 2 - 185
Good weights. I know I need to work on my form. I will start working technique as my warmup.

Back Squat
2x2 Moderate
185, 225, 275, 295, 315
2 x 2 - 315
I know I could have gone heavier on my single, but my back was a little tight and my legs were already sore.

WOD
"DT" - Scaled
5 RFT
12 Deadlifts
9 HPC
6 Push Jerks
Weight: 95
5:45

Whew! I could have done 115, but I would have had to rest a lot more and I really just wanted to sprint it out.

Day 12: 100 Pushups
Total: 1200 Pushups

29 Jun 13

Rest Day. I ate complete crap all day! I thought it would be fun, but it was not. I guess my body is finally getting accustomed to eating good foods and veggies and stuff, cause I'm paying for it now!

Oh, and I didn't do any pushups today because I'm a lazy bum! At least I went to church.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #496
Joe C Thomas

Profile:

30 Jun 13

Played basketball for 2 hours!!! It was pretty fun. Didn't shoot that well, but I played pretty well. I also had several really good jumps. A couple of times I actually missed layups cause I was higher than I expected and it through me off. Anyhow, it was fun.

Day 14: 150 Pushups
Total: 1350 Pushups

I have to catch up. I'll do 150 again tomorrow and I'll be back in it.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #497
Joe C Thomas

Profile:

1 Jul 13

1. Snatch Balance
Find 1RM
45, 65, 85, 95, 115, 135, 145
Felt pretty good. I was making sure to go into a full OHS. I'm going to focus on going all the way down for all my movements from now on. It will be tough to back off on weight, but it's time.

2. Snatch
A. Work up to a 1RM
45, 95, 115, 135, 155 (f) I suck!

B. 1 single at 90% of 1RM

C. 2 singles at 85% of 1RM
135, 135
Why is 135 easy, but 145 I have to get all kind of out of whack and press it up?

3. Up Ladder 5
Thruster, 135
C2B
Complete 1 rep of each, then 2 reps of each. Climb as high as possible in 5 minutes.
5 rds complete
That was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Those heavy thrusters and C2B are hard to do fast.

Day 15: 100 Pushups
Total: 1450 Pushups

Still 50 behind. I'll catch up tomorrow.

2 Jul 13

1. ATG Back Squat
45, 135, 185, 225, 245, 255, 265, 275
Probably could have done a little more but that was pretty heavy and I wanted to leave a little in the tank.

2. Split Jerk
45, 135, 155, 185, 205
Same as above.

3. "Big Clean Complex"
6 sets of the following Complex :
High Hang Squat Clean + Hang Squat Clean + Squat Clean + Push Press
High Hang Squat Clean + Hang Squat Clean + Squat Clean + Push Jerk
High Hang Squat Clean + Hang Squat Clean + Squat Clean + Split Jerk

One set consists of all 12 reps. Try not to drop the bar during the entire set; if you must drop after the Overhead movements, its allow just be quick to get back on the bar. Rest as needed between sets and try to increase weight after each set.

65, 75, 85
I ran out of time and had to get to work. I was kind of dragging @55 this morning and wasn't overly motivated. The hard part was going into a full Front Squat every time. I would have been sufficiently smoked had I finished the other half. Ugh, I say. Gotta get better.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #498
Joe C Thomas

Profile:

5 Jul 13

Well, I've had a set back. My left knee was hurting so bad that I couldn't get out of bed. I'm pretty sure it was a combination of 2 hours of basketball on concrete, softball, and various other activities. Anyhow, I think it's time to hang up my basketball shoes. I am actually very sad about this, but I don't know what else to do. My wife suggested I try playing "old man" basketball where I just jog around and shoot from the outside, but that is very difficult for me to do. I know I am better than most and quicker and come jump higher, so it kills me not to do it.

UGH, but I hate being hurt. I am going to reasses my fitness program. Add a lot more swimming. I was in the best shape of my life when I was training for Sprint and Oly Tris. Mix that in with CF and that will be what I do from now on. I know most people will think this isn't a big deal, but for my whole life I've been the "basketball guy". And now, I'm not.

Anyhow, time to move on....
Old 07-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #499
Joe C Thomas

Profile:

6 Jul 13

Bench Press
Work Up to Heavy 3RM
45, 135, 185, 205, 215, 225, 235
Not bad. I'm sure this will improve.

Preacher Curls
5 x 8
45, 65, 65, 65, 65
Wrists felt a little funky, but not bad.

a) Cable Crossovers
4 x 10 - 40# ea

b) Cable Curls
4 x 8 - 40# ea

Push Ups
15 Pushups EMOM - 10 min
150 total

Day 20: 150 Pushups
Total: 1850 Pushups

The old beach body workout. Damn this knee of mine!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #500
Joe C Thomas

Profile:

7 Jul 13

Rest day.

Day 21: 150 Pushups
Total: 2000 Pushups

8 Jul 13

Back and Tri Focus

Superset 1
a) Seated Wide Grip Rows
4 x 8 - 120, 130, 140, 140
b) Tri Pushdowns
4 x 8 - 70, 80, 90, 90

Superset 2
a) Dumbell Pullovers
4 x 8 - 55#
b) Skull Crushers
4 x 8 - 55#

Superset 3
a) Barbell Shrugs
4 x 8 - 135, 155, 185, 185
b) Forward Tricep Extension
4 x 10 - 60, 70, 70, 70

WOD
For Time
Ring Pullups
Ring Dips
13:04

Not a bad workout. Uping my volume a little and going light on the legs because my knee is still jacked up. I am definitely focusing more on asthetics than normal, cause I'm tired of being the guy that is in shape but doesn't really look like it!