CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-14-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
Evelyn Scarborough

Profile:
Evelyn's CrossFit Log

I have been lurking on the CF Board for over a year, working on the movements and building up my garage gym. I have found the people here positive, helpful, and inspiring and I am hoping to get a little extra motivation by starting my own log.

A little background: I am 24 and in grad school. I am a competitive fencer and came across the website by recommendation of people on a fencing discussion board. I have been doing CrossFit off and on for about 18 months and I attended a Level 1 cert back in April. Of course, it was awesome, just as I had expected. I have also, just for fun, been working on powerlifting the past few months and I just competed in my first meet last week.

Goals: At the moment, I have 2 main goals:
1) Lower my bodyfat %.
I was doing so well with this several years ago - when I was 18-19 I dropped 50 pounds in about a year. I kept it off until around 2 years ago when I decided to try cutting caffeine out of my diet cold turkey. I succeeded on the latter but ended up gaining about 30 pounds back.
So, right now I am at 163/29% bf. I am 5'7". I have been at 130 lbs before but I didn't look/feel very good, so I think 140 is a better goal. More importantly, though I want to get the bf % down. Not sure what a good goal for that should be. Any ideas? I have done the Zone before and I loved how I felt eating "clean" but I haven't been able to figure out a block prescription that I can live with just yet. I need more discipline.

2) To learn the kipping pull-up.
Ever since I saw this on a CF video I've wanted to do it. Right now I can do one dead hang overhand grip pull-up. I have a bar in my garage that is screwed into the ceiling that I can practice on, so it is only a matter of being disciplined enough to practice consistently.

---

9/9/08 Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3

Loads were 143-163-168-172-182

192 was my best deadlift at the PL meet on 9/6, so after this workout I know I can do better than that for 1RM.

9/14/08
Been sick the past few days so today I just worked on the kipping pull-up. Whenever I try to do one, it feels like I don't have enough swing to pop myself up. I think it is because I have poor shoulder flexibility. I worked on swinging back and forth on the bar with my feet on a box. Didn't feel horrible, but my shoulders are definitely tight.