CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 12-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Greg Togtema

Profile:
Front Squat - Did I improve?

Hello Ladies and Gents,

About a month ago, I posted a video of my front squat. For reference, here it is
(safe for work)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7md3gd6om...2011.13.51.mp4

A couple days ago, I took this video, and was wondering if you thought it looked better. What else can I improve?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yv5qmbbwox...2011.28.28.mp4

I know I get lower. Thanks for that input. But is the weight where it should be? Am I leaning over too much?

Thanks again!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Paul Victor French

Profile:
Re: Front Squat - Did I improve?

I don't know what people in the other thread said about the first video, while it is better, load some weight on the bar. This isn't nearly challenging enough, do you sets look like this when you get to heavier loads?
Old 12-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
Greg Togtema

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Victor French View Post
I don't know what people in the other thread said about the first video, while it is better, load some weight on the bar. This isn't nearly challenging enough, do you sets look like this when you get to heavier loads?
I have only done heavy loads with my back squat, and I cannot get nearly as far down as I do in this video. Should I load it with more? I thought it was important to show you my technique with no load, so that when I do load it, I know which shortcomings are due to my technique and which ones are due to fatigue.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #4
Tate Dimech

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Victor French View Post
This... it is much better but like Paul made mention of it is too easy - we aren't saying to put hundreds of pounds on the bar just enough to where it is challenging for one rep and then post that.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
Robert Fabsik

Profile:

Agree with others on a heavier load.

It is better, before you bent your knees way too much before bending at the hips.

You are starting better, but you are still pitching forward.

How squishy are those shoes? Ideally you want a solid shoe--either oly or something without squish.