CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
Manuel Venegas

Profile:
Block perscriptions

I'm in the process of reading Dr. Sears' "Enter The Zone". I love the information and science behind it and am finding the transition into a clean Zone-Paleo diet not as difficult as I thought it would be (though the occasional pizza is difficult to resist).

However, what I'm concerned about is the amount of blocks I've calculated out as my protein prescription. I currently weigh 209 lbs and (according to the calculation methods in the book) have a lean body mass of a bit over 165 lbs. That comes out to about 21% body fat.

Now with a lean body mass of 165 multiplied by an activity level of 0.8 (I do 3 days on 1 off including 2 met-con WOD days and a strength day), I get 132 g of protein as my requirement. Divided by 7 that equals 18.85, rounded down to 18 blocks! I've seen on the Crossfit Journal that Greg Amundson does 18 blocks for his nutrition. I find it difficult to believe I require the same amount as him.

My goal here is to lose fat and better my performance in all areas. My strength is getting there but I want the fitness that we all want. So should I decrease my blocks or trust that the calculations are right?