CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
Bryan Rowland

Profile:
Re: progenex -vs- stronger faster healthier

Thank you everyone for the insight. I am gonna give Progenex a try as they seem to have a following for a reason.

To answer the milk idea I am lactose intoloreant and thus stick to almond milk. I can get by eating small portions though anyone like this knows what will happen if a large amount is taken.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #12
Christopher G. Woods

Profile:

Post workout I use 1 heaping scoop (30+ grams) of SFH Pure Whey Protein (chocolate), 1 heaping teaspoon (~7 grams) of GNC Creatine Monohydrate, 1 heaping teaspoon (~5 grams) of Now Foods Beta-Alinine and 2 level tablespoons (20 grams) of Now Foods Dextrose Powder in 8 oz. of raw milk; it tastes just like chocolate milk.

I've tried a large variety of different protein powders and post workout meal replacements over the past decade, and I've never found one product that I feel has a significantly greater effect on my recovery than others. I prefer using components instead of some companies "proprietary blend", so I have more control over what's going into my body. Other than that, I usually go with whichever protein tastes the best and is affordable. Right now, I get a discount on SFH, because we sell it the gym. If that weren't the case, I'd probably be using GNC 100% Whey.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
John McCord

Profile:

Progenex might be all that (even if the posts seem trollish), I'm just not really willing to dish out a fat wad of cash to try it out when the stuff I have works fine (Nitrean+ Vanilla)

And to be completely honest it doesn't look appealing when I see the videos of CFers drinking it, although that may be just the way they mix it.

Quote:
I have been Xfitting since January and when I first started I was up in the air on what to use as a recovery product. I was turned on to progenex by a friend and haven't looked back since.
OBTW - When you say "Xfitting" you look like a troll. When a CrossFitter see Xfit written down it brings images of a bogus affiliate riding the wave without paying dues. A non-troll abbreviation would be CF/CFer/CFing etc...
(you're welcome)
Old 09-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #14
Alex Carey

Profile:

Wow, Progenex e-street team out in full force today...
Old 09-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #15
John McCord

Profile:

I think the only way to settle this is a Progenex-At Large-SFH b-boy battle...I'll bring the Ghetto Blaster.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #16
Boris Lau

Profile:

Seen great recovery with a heaping scoop of Nitrean Chocolate and a scoop of ON's waxymaize!
Old 09-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #17
Jake Dent

Profile:

I used to use progenex, but then I found Dymatize iso-100. Same ingredients, 100% hydrolyzed whey isolate just like progenex. Half the cost, just as effective. I just can't justify the cost of progenex when there are other identical and similar products for literally half the cost.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #18
Natalie L. Cox

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher G. Woods View Post
Post workout I use 1 heaping scoop (30+ grams) of SFH Pure Whey Protein (chocolate), 1 heaping teaspoon (~7 grams) of GNC Creatine Monohydrate, 1 heaping teaspoon (~5 grams) of Now Foods Beta-Alinine and 2 level tablespoons (20 grams) of Now Foods Dextrose Powder in 8 oz. of raw milk; it tastes just like chocolate milk.

I've tried a large variety of different protein powders and post workout meal replacements over the past decade, and I've never found one product that I feel has a significantly greater effect on my recovery than others. I prefer using components instead of some companies "proprietary blend", so I have more control over what's going into my body. Other than that, I usually go with whichever protein tastes the best and is affordable. Right now, I get a discount on SFH, because we sell it the gym. If that weren't the case, I'd probably be using GNC 100% Whey.
Sorry this is off topic, but why do you use Beta Alanine post workout instead of before? I love it and use it often, but have never heard of it being used that way. Just wondering.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #19
Steve Liberati

Profile:

I've recently been experimenting with the SFH post-wod mix and very pleased with the results so far. Noticed I have been recovering much easier.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #20
Chris Puckett

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Riddle View Post
Nitrean+, think Chris Masaon even has a discount code for Crossfitters.

Or if you want to save a little money just regular Nitrean.
+1 on At Large Nutrition. Chris has an awesome line of products and I use them daily. Great customer service too!