CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #4881
Helen M Brennan

Profile:
Re: Where's the Girl Power?

congratulations jessica... feels great doesnt it????
I still remember the very fist time i rxd anything and heaven help me it was a games WOD ( masters rx) and 15kg over my previous best LOL just goes to show how much the mental attitude comes into play.

I too do fast in slow motion.

quite frequently my trainers say "exolosive power from ... whatever" and I mutter this IS MY EXPOLSIVE!!

but I am still improving..

Cheers

helen
Old 07-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #4882
Kim Thornton

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Salts View Post
Now that I'm at a box with trainers I trust, I hit my first little milestone. I was able to do our WOD today with the prescribed weights. Normally, I shoot for the 2/3 mark. Today, I did it all. That's my accomplishment.
That is fantastic!!! Congrats!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #4883
Jessica Salts

Profile:

Thanks! It was great... until today. I was satisfied two days ago, when I maxed my push press at 75 lbs. Not bad for someone who's only been really serious about this for only a month or two. I felt I should have been able to apply 3/4 of that weight to today's WOD.

Today we had thrusters. Doing three rounds of nine should have been a nice, easy number. But I couldn't even do 65 lbs! I had to drop down to 35!! AND I kept getting stuck at the bottom of my squat.

Have you ever been so mad at yourself you nearly burst into tears? That's where I was today. (So embarrassing!)

I mean... I'm tall, strong (for someone who's skinny-fat and has never seriously lifted), and I have a naturally athletic build. I've got thighs that are made for this stuff. And here I was, stuck at the bottom of my thrusters, my tush just inches from the floor... struggling to push 35 pounds like it was the weight of the world.

I did the whole WOD without assistance, and with decent form. And I know that counts for something. But I also understand that just as some people have the genetic makeup for running or speed, I've got strength. To not live up to what I feel I'm capable of is most frustrating, indeed!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #4884
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

If your 1RM PP is 75, then 3x9 thrusters at 65 sounds crazy/impossible. Don't beat yourself up about it.