CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #71
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
Re: Write this name on your hand

4 fallen LEO's:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BA8H16L3BI.DTLYOU MUST ENSURE YOU ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.

Please pray for officers Sgt. Mark Dunakin, 40, Sgt. Ervin Romans, 43, and Sgt. Daniel Sakai, 35. And also Officer John Hege, 41, who passed away early this sunday morning.

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 04-24-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #72
Rene Forestier

Profile:

Inspiring thread...good work all.

Now, Robert, you really need to do something about that avatar...wow.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:03 PM   #73
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Thanks to those who kept my uncle Tomas in their thoughts. He lost the battle this evening. Please continue to keep my aunt Vivianne and my mother Ines in your thoughts during your workouts. All of us need some strenght during this time of grief.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #74
Barry Cooper

Profile:

You all might appreciate this w/fs link, discussing an experiment working to verify remote effects on the nervous system of people to whom healing energy was being directed: http://www.explorejournal.com/articl...095-5/abstract
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #75
Sydney Everhart

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Write this name on your hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Olajos View Post
I envision this thread as a place where anyone here can come and ask for the healing energy that CFers have to give. You can ask for it for yourself, for someone in your family, or for anyone else you wish. You can tell us the reason why this person needs healing energy, or you can simply tell us the person's name.

Robert,

This is really great and has me fighting back the tears. My mother has had a very challenging life. She is fighting depression, bipolar episodes, hyperthyroidism, eye problems, skin problems, heart failure, hearing loss, etc. etc. Her most recent struggle was a serious ear infection that caused her to lose hearing in her only functioning ear, leaving her deaf for about 3 months.

What strikes me the most about my mother is the fact that she never complains about her life. She's always happy and so very proud of her kids. My mother never asks for help and she is the bravest person I know. I made a website for her where I dedicate some of my athletic accomplishments to her. http://www.geocities.com/runsydrun

Her name is Pamela and I would be most honored if anyone were to dedicate your efforts to her by writing her name on your hand. She's an amazing person.

Thanks,
Sydney
Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #76
Frank Dennis

Profile:

I've not posted in this thread before, as it's not an appropriate forum for my usual smart-a**edness. However, I think it's a beautiful thing and I'm really glad that you started it, Robert.

I just found out that a good friend of mine, whose name is Shawn, has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma... he's going in for his first chemo treatment this Friday, and they'll decide then whether or not to additionally do radiation therapy.

He's 23, bright, kind, and not a little aggressive (which is probably why we're good friends). He's a fighter and we're all extremely positive about his future, but if anyone else wants to add his name to their next WOD, I'd be grateful.

I have a date with a big tractor tire and sledgehammer this evening, and Shawn, Pamela, Rick, and as many others as I can fit on will be there, too...
Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #77
Sydney Everhart

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Write this name on your hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Dennis View Post
I've not posted in this thread before, as it's not an appropriate forum for my usual smart-a**edness. However, I think it's a beautiful thing and I'm really glad that you started it, Robert.

I just found out that a good friend of mine, whose name is Shawn, has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma... he's going in for his first chemo treatment this Friday, and they'll decide then whether or not to additionally do radiation therapy.

He's 23, bright, kind, and not a little aggressive (which is probably why we're good friends). He's a fighter and we're all extremely positive about his future, but if anyone else wants to add his name to their next WOD, I'd be grateful.

I have a date with a big tractor tire and sledgehammer this evening, and Shawn, Pamela, Rick, and as many others as I can fit on will be there, too...

Thanks, Frank. I'll be taking Shawn with me (on my hand) to my WOD on Thursday... hopefully he'll give me some fight in return.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #78
Theresa Meyer

Profile:

My dad was doing really great with treatment and even gained 30 lbs. while getting chemo and radiation. Let's just say he's an overachiever. Anyway, he had some post-radiation pneumonitis, which appears to be clearing; however, they told him today that it's spread to his brain. They will discuss a new course of treatment with him tomorrow. Please keep him in your prayers. Again...his name is Bob.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #79
Robert Whipple

Profile:

Hey Folks- I've got a buddy who just had a massive heart attack yesterday. He's stable now, but got a long road to go before he's better. I know he could use all the help he can get. Please include him in your thoughts. His name is Dave.

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #80
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

My friend, Steve, has been diagnosed with Bell's palsy, which is being caused by a tumor in his brain. If anyone is willing to send a bit of positive energy his way, I'd really appreciate it. He is such a great guy and it is really hard to see him being limited by something like this.

A second request is that while I'm not personally friends with him, a motorcycle roadracer, Zsolt, was medevac'd from the races I was cornerworking for weekend before last. It turns out he broke his neck and two vertebrae in his back. As far as I can tell from the updates, he can feel pressure applied to his legs, but cannot move them yet. He is, however, able to move his arms a bit, so that is good. Unfortunately, he does not have medical insurance, so this is going to be more difficult than anticipated for him. He is a strong dude, but needs a lot of help.