CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 11-22-2004, 09:50 AM   #1
Jon Gary

Profile:
Just finished my first 12 months on Crossfit (started doing WODs in early Nov. ’03 and posting in Feb. or March of ’04). Jeff Martin, here at work, was the reason that I first started. Our work-out schedules overlapped and he would often make exercise suggestions to me – then one day he introduced me to the a website he had recently found: Crossfit.com. I think we’ve had a fun time doing it since day 1… Jeff has a full fledged CF facility at his school, we’ve converted at least a half dozen people here at work to the program, and with the two of us involved in designing and outfitting our new 2000sqft company gym I’m sure more converts are on their way! I’ve even been able to bring the program home… My wife is a FLEO and has taken to many aspects of Crossfit, although she rarely does a WOD with me… we’ll see how much she improves her scores next time at FLETC.
Like so many other people who have posted, the gains I have made in the past 12 months are amazing, especially when comparing them to the gains made year-over-year on the “old and tired work out routine”. Having never really done O-lifts before, these are still a weak point, but Jeff’s help has been invaluable in my improvement and in preventing any form-related injuries. But that’s what Crossfit does best, puts those weak spots under a REAL bright light. The thing I notice the most however, is that it takes much more to get me winded in the sports I play (tennis, volleyball, racquet ball); others can be sucking wind and all I’m thinking is “this is nothing compared to Chelsea!”
The 3 best aspects of Crossfit for me are:
No set routine of WODs – I like being surprised every morning
A great group of really intelligent and friendly athletes posting their advice, thoughts, and suggestions
Reinforces the mindset that you can accomplish more than you thought you could

So after a year…
Thank you Coach, Lauren, and the CF-community

From another completely satisfied CF-convert.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:17 AM   #2
Mike Minium

Profile:
Way to go, Jon. Keep up the great work!

Mike
Old 11-23-2004, 11:22 AM   #3
Jeff Martin

Profile:
Jon,
Been to busy with the "big theft" until now to read this. We have had a great eye opening year. Now that you have been converting and "coaching" people at work I think you should make it to one of the CF seminars. Maybe the one in Jan. at Mike's place. It'll be fun and a good place to put faces to names on the board.
We need to get some of our fellow workers up for the SoCal CrossFit Challenge. I'm sure your up for it!
Old 11-24-2004, 12:24 PM   #4
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Yeah Jon! The more the merrier!
We can show the folks up north what we're made of, litterally!
Keep up the good work!
Gotta send a check and reserve my spot for Mike's class in January!
Old 11-24-2004, 03:02 PM   #5
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Awesome job! Imagine what you will be doing in a year! Keep up the great work!
Old 11-25-2004, 06:39 PM   #6
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
Great work, Jon. I can really relate with your statement:
The thing I notice the most however, is that it takes much more to get me winded in the sports I play (tennis, volleyball, racquet ball); others can be sucking wind and all I’m thinking is “this is nothing compared to Chelsea!”

I've had the same experience with MMA classes when I started breathing hard. The thought pops in my mind, "Yeah, but at least it's not a WOD." Gives someone a entirely different perspective, IMO.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Ryan