CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 11-10-2008, 03:13 AM   #1
Carter Jee

Profile:
Yes!!! First set of results

G'Day!!

I started crossfit two and a half months back with my personal trainer (who happened to be the only crossfitter in the gym!!!).

I managed to complete Fran (well, a scaled version - 35kg thrusters, assisted chin-ups)... my time was 12:15.... pretty stoked considering I DNF first time and it took me 40minutes the second time..

The great news was my skinfolds have dramatically reduced (i still weigh in at 115kgs - hmmm.. bout 255 pounds?).

My resting heart rest has gone from 60bpm to 55 bpm. Elevated heart rate (after three minutes of step ups) was 70bpm. I was surprised by that considering I stopped doing "cardio" work and just did scaled versions of WODs.

I can't wait to see my doctor to check my cholestrol levels! I'm sure the results would be awesome...

I'm sore all over and hurt like hell, but can't wait to go back tomorrow!!!

carter
Old 11-10-2008, 04:13 AM   #2
Christopher Day

Profile:
Re: Yes!!! First set of results

Fantastic Carter! The best thing is, you love the feeling and you know it works. Keep it up and keep us informed.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
Noah Martin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter Jee View Post
G'Day!!

I started crossfit two and a half months back with my personal trainer (who happened to be the only crossfitter in the gym!!!).

I managed to complete Fran (well, a scaled version - 35kg thrusters, assisted chin-ups)... my time was 12:15.... pretty stoked considering I DNF first time and it took me 40minutes the second time..

The great news was my skinfolds have dramatically reduced (i still weigh in at 115kgs - hmmm.. bout 255 pounds?).

My resting heart rest has gone from 60bpm to 55 bpm. Elevated heart rate (after three minutes of step ups) was 70bpm. I was surprised by that considering I stopped doing "cardio" work and just did scaled versions of WODs.

I can't wait to see my doctor to check my cholestrol levels! I'm sure the results would be awesome...

I'm sore all over and hurt like hell, but can't wait to go back tomorrow!!!

carter

You "zoning" too carter? I think you'll see things ramp up exponentially if you add in the zone.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:13 AM   #4
Carter Jee

Profile:

Hi!!!

I haven't started zoning seriously yet.

I'm going to do some research (books, net, crossfit forum) on the zone diet and the paleo diet. any pointers?

Carter
Old 11-14-2008, 05:25 AM   #5
Noah Martin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter Jee View Post
Hi!!!

I haven't started zoning seriously yet.

I'm going to do some research (books, net, crossfit forum) on the zone diet and the paleo diet. any pointers?

Carter

Well Crossfit Journal 21 is great.
But I enjoyed "A Week IN The Zone" got it for like $1.00 from Amazon used.....

It's got 7 days of recipes and a great understanding of the zone.
I followed that to a T but also in conjunction with CFJ 21 when I couldnt find something or wanted to substitute.

I followed the weighing and measuring pretty religiously for about two weeks and now while I still measure, Its way easier.

Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks are the same every day. Dinners usually a chicken stirfry....

Weekends - 1 day each weekend I enjoy some pizza or whatever from eating out... within moderation of course.

Good luck!
Old 11-16-2008, 01:08 AM   #6
Carter Jee

Profile:

Hi Noah,

Thanks for the tips... I've read the articles and going to pick up the book from a local book store soon.

From what I can see, all I need to do is to weigh and measure my food.

By amazing coincidence, I'm already on a paleo type diet. This was due to my being hospitalised earlier this year from blood clots screwing up my liver and bowel. (nothing brings perspective than waking up in a ward of "old" people suffering the effects of complications from diabetes)

The doctors put me on a strict diet of lean protein, lots of green vegetables, no starchy carbohydrates and healthy fats from nuts & seeds. I do indulge once a while (chocolate, dessert, etc)....coz hey, it makes me feel good and tastes nice!!!!

carter
Old 11-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #7
Tom Woodside

Profile:

Having spent some time in Perth when I was in the (U.S.) Navy, I admire you for being able to eat correctly. Perth had some of the best food I have ever eaten. The Witch's Cauldron (steak and garlic prawns) and Blue Duck Inn (pizza) made me gain about 5 lbs. in the 3 weeks I was there!

I miss Perth. I loved it there. Oh, yeah, sorry about the whole "dumping-5000-sailors-in-your-beautiful-city-for-3-weeks-and-making-it-look-like-a-bomb-went-off" thing!

Congrats on your gains!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:16 PM   #8
Carter Jee

Profile:

thanks for the comments Tom...

it is hard to avoid the food here.... i'm drooling just thinking bout the steak and garlic!!!

don't worry bout the sailors all at once in perth...... we're very laidback here

funniest thing happened when you boys last pulled in. one of our most prominent brothels had to close for a day to give the girls some recovery time!!!....

hmmm....maybe they should be doing crossfit too...

carter
Old 11-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
Jason David

Profile:

Good work!! Keep it up!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #10
Carter Jee

Profile:

thanks jason...

i'm hoping i will get a 5-minute fran eventually like you did!!!

carter