CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-25-2004, 01:14 PM   #1
AARON FISHER

Profile:  
Hi there guys. I have been following Crossfit for the last week and i have to say what a great site and great WODs. Question. I am currently training for Ironman Switzerland on july 25 2004. This consists of a 3.8km swim, a 180km bike and then a marathon run to finish. I was doing 15-20 hours of endurnce training a week but my current posting will not allow for this. My plan is to crack at least 60 minutes a day and then some longer sessions at the weekend - I fully expect to suffer in this event and now just want to complete it hoping the mental stregth i have will getme through!! I am using the WOD as a basis to build core strength and alongwith some swimming and biking hope this will work as an alternative to the typical long hours required to train for an IM event. Does anyone have any ideas on other short sharp intensive workouts that i can use to make the most of my time during the week, or perhaps on how to adapt the WODS saving my long endurance training for the weekends. I currently go hell for leather on the WODs, and achieve muscule failure by the end. All advice appreciated, this is a genuine call for help.
Yours aye, AGF