CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 12-07-2004, 12:17 PM   #1
Nicholas John Nakis

Profile:  
Can someone tip me off to a site that posts free info on clubbell exercises? Everything I've found is like "buy the video!" - but no free info.

Thanks -
Old 12-07-2004, 05:04 PM   #2
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Nicholas,

I don't know of any free info, but you can view video clips of some cb exercises on www.circularstrength.com - look under Olympic Clubbell Sport on the main page to see clips of swipes and mills. Also click on the Free CST magazine on the main page and go to the current issue and check out Miracle Round (anything by Max Andranov is amazing). Another site to view cool stuff by Max is www.clubbelltrainer.com - click on Max's Page to see some great clubbell combination/catch moves.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:50 PM   #3
Nicholas John Nakis

Profile:  
Thanks again, Kelly - I think you're the same one who answered me last time I asked this.

I'll check those sites out.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:16 PM   #4
Doug Ralston

Profile:
On the not free side, any suggestions as to the best "Beginners Guide" to clubs? Is "Clubbell Training For Circular Strength" a good starting point? Is the DVD very different from the book?

Thanks in advance,
Raven
Old 12-09-2004, 06:42 AM   #5
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Hi Doug,

There is an active forum on the circularstrength website with plenty of information to help beginners select clubbells.

From my experience, the book is good but trying to follow the exercise descriptions/pictures is difficult. If I had the money for only one of the two, I would recommend buying the DVD.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:43 PM   #6
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Kelly,

What have been the benefits of Clubbell work for you?
Old 10-15-2007, 05:23 AM   #7
Adam Steer

Profile:
Re: Looking for Clubbell routines

Hi Everyone,

In doing a forum search on Clubbells (to see what you all think about them ), I stumbled on this thread. I know it is an old thread, but I thought I would just let you know that I offer a free e-book on Clubbell training (Clubbells 101) (w/fs link). Much of it is devoted to explaining the benefits of Clubbell training and helping with the choice of a Clubbell weight. But I also give a detailed tutorial of the Clubbell Swing exercise.

Cheers,
Adam

Last edited by David Wood : 10-15-2007 at 11:16 AM. Reason: added wfs designation to link. No biggee.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #8
David Wood

Profile:

Hi Adam: one of the things we do here is that we ask anybody who posts a link to always do two things:

a) provide at least a brief description of what it is (no "Hey, check this out!") (and you did that, so all's good)

and

b) affirmatively state that the link is work and family safe, or not (i.e., you have to to designate it as safe or unsafe, every time). The common abbreviation is "wfs" or "w/fs" . . . or perhaps a description of what might not be safe about it. For instance, t-nation articles are usually safe in themselves (maybe some adult language, at worst), but the accompanying pictures might not be considered safe by all workplaces and all families.

Note that you do not have to post only safe links, but you do have to designate each and every time.

We cut folks who are new on the board some slack on this point, but eventually we start deleting their links to help them get with the program.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
Adam Steer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wood View Post
b) affirmatively state that the link is work and family safe, or not (i.e., you have to to designate it as safe or unsafe, every time). The common abbreviation is "wfs" or "w/fs" . . . or perhaps a description of what might not be safe about it. For instance, t-nation articles are usually safe in themselves (maybe some adult language, at worst), but the accompanying pictures might not be considered safe by all workplaces and all families.
Sorry about that. The link is wfs. I'll try to amend the original post.

Cheers,
Adam
Old 10-16-2007, 06:50 AM   #10
Garrett Smith

Profile:

Scotty Hagnas of CF Portland uses CBs quite often in the workouts there, he might be someone good to ask this question...