CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2014, 12:17 PM   #121
Andrew Bell
Member Andrew Bell is offline
 
Andrew Bell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston  TX
Posts: 4,019
Re: PR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Past week:
150kg back squat
125kg clean
125kg pause front squat
3x2x100kg overhead squat
3x110kg clean

Then workouts promptly went in the crapper Tue/Wed.
That's a pretty high clean/bs ratio Jeff. Very impressive buddy.
__________________
| Log (wfs) |
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #122
Jeff Enge
Banned Jeff Enge is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Collinsville  IL
Posts: 5,542
Re: PR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
That's a pretty high clean/bs ratio Jeff. Very impressive buddy.
Yeah, I still have zero confidence on back squats when the weight starts to get heavy. There's some strength/stability issue either in my core or back that I have a tendency to collapse forward really ugly. I'm sure it's due to my athletic background of swimming, but it is very frustrating.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #123
Andrew Bell
Member Andrew Bell is offline
 
Andrew Bell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston  TX
Posts: 4,019
Re: PR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Yeah, I still have zero confidence on back squats when the weight starts to get heavy. There's some strength/stability issue either in my core or back that I have a tendency to collapse forward really ugly. I'm sure it's due to my athletic background of swimming, but it is very frustrating.
I had/have that same issue. Was a HUGE sticking point for me for a LONG time. Right around the same weights you're at right now too. Thank god I finally got past that. It's a BIG relief when you do. Mine was my core giving out and not being strong enough. Maybe try some core work?

PR Time: deadlifted 502 last night. yee haw.
__________________
| Log (wfs) |
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:23 AM   #124
Jeff Enge
Banned Jeff Enge is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Collinsville  IL
Posts: 5,542
Re: PR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
I had/have that same issue. Was a HUGE sticking point for me for a LONG time. Right around the same weights you're at right now too. Thank god I finally got past that. It's a BIG relief when you do. Mine was my core giving out and not being strong enough. Maybe try some core work?

PR Time: deadlifted 502 last night. yee haw.
400 squat/500 dead. I'm impressed.

And yeah - I do hanging leg raises and other little core things, but I think some more focused work would help.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #125
Andrew Bell
Member Andrew Bell is offline
 
Andrew Bell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston  TX
Posts: 4,019
Re: PR Thread

I need to buy a squat suit. Could probably hit 700. lol
__________________
| Log (wfs) |
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #126
Blair Robert Lowe
Member Blair Robert Lowe is offline
 
Blair Robert Lowe's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sacramento  CA
Posts: 7,948
Re: PR Thread

One of our young guys swears by the yoke work he's been doing lately since we got it.

I swear by heavy jerk drives with your max squat for 3x15 and standing isos with more than your max squat with slightly bent knee and hips as my core work besides the usual core stuff.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #127
Jason Fischer
Member Jason Fischer is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Regina  SK Canada
Posts: 241
Re: PR Thread

Got a 250# snatch (5lb) pr tonight and got under, caught and started standing up with 255#, but couldn't quite hold it all the way up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #128
Jeff Enge
Banned Jeff Enge is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Collinsville  IL
Posts: 5,542
Re: PR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Fischer View Post
Got a 250# snatch (5lb) pr tonight and got under, caught and started standing up with 255#, but couldn't quite hold it all the way up.
Nice. Did you say your 94 national qualifying total was 260ish?


I PR'd in almost passing out yesterday - coach had me do Franskenstein pause squats (front rack, arms out straight), and I started seeing spots and feeling woozy on the way up at 100kg. Needless to say, I didn't finish the double :P

Besides that, tripled 110 clean and actually hit the jerk, and doubled 115. Snatched up to 105 too, not a PR but a lot better than last week where the best I did I think was 97.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:27 AM   #129
Jason Fischer
Member Jason Fischer is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Regina  SK Canada
Posts: 241
Re: PR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Nice. Did you say your 94 national qualifying total was 260ish?


I PR'd in almost passing out yesterday - coach had me do Franskenstein pause squats (front rack, arms out straight), and I started seeing spots and feeling woozy on the way up at 100kg. Needless to say, I didn't finish the double :P

Besides that, tripled 110 clean and actually hit the jerk, and doubled 115. Snatched up to 105 too, not a PR but a lot better than last week where the best I did I think was 97.
Nicely done! 260 is the qualifying total for -105kg and I think 250 is the qualifying total for 94kg.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:33 AM   #130
Jeff Enge
Banned Jeff Enge is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Collinsville  IL
Posts: 5,542
Re: PR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Fischer View Post
Nicely done! 260 is the qualifying total for -105kg and I think 250 is the qualifying total for 94kg.
Ah, so I got the weight class wrong. Too lazy to go find the 2014 goals thread ... are you a 105?

US Nationals qualifying total for 94s is 283... Think I've got at least a couple years left to get there if I even can, plus actually filling out 94 weight class.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thread name Dustin Standel Technical Support 0 08-03-2011 11:34 AM
help me find a thread Jeremy Raffer Fitness 2 04-04-2010 05:11 PM
How do I delete my own thread? Brain Pandji Technical Support 6 03-10-2010 03:57 PM
I'm looking for a thread... Jacob Magnan Workout of the Day 2 01-19-2010 09:30 PM
Delete my Thread Kevin Domholdt Technical Support 0 06-24-2008 01:33 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.