CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
Sam Brustein

Profile:
Need help getting ahold of affiliate owners!!

I dont want this to appear to be an advertisement, its not. I am looking for some help. I have been doing CrossFit in my basement for about 4.5 years and it has truly changed my life. Not only has it become easier to qualify on my PFA at work, but i am in the best shape of my life and I just turned 40.

Because of the limited room in my basement I came up with an idea for a new type of jump box about 6 months ago. It's got 5 heights in 1 box (15-20-24-30-35). Well, I finally got from invention to actual production box a few weeks ago. Problem is, the only thing that links all the CrossFit Affiliates together is the main site, and there is no advertising on the main site. This is where I am stuck. I have this great jump box, perfect for Crossfitters, and dont know how to get it out and known. I am truly looking for advice from affiliate owners and trainers who could aim me in any direction where Affiliate owners and trainers seem to group together.

Lastly I am doing this whole thing on a super tight budget. I have a full time job I have no intention of leaving until I can retire in 2022. This plyometric jump box is the only thing I plan to sell and I dont want to sell the patent to one of the giant Crossfit equipment dealers. I do have a website buymonsterbox.com (That I build myself on WP using advice from this forum)and I have been calling local affiliates, but thats it. If anyone can think of any avenues for me to get my invention to the mainstream Crossfitters I would really appreciate it!!!

Any input is useful! Thanks for your time.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
Scott McIntyre

Profile:
Re: Need help getting ahold of affiliate owners!!

I cant help you, but that is a pretty cool box! I will give you that! What a space saver.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
Nick Walters

Profile:

Sell the concept the old fashion way. Hit the bricks. You are in Atlanta, so boxes are a dime a dozen there. There's gotta be 20 or 30 in the metro area, so go door to door (after a courtesy call of course) and pitch them and get their thoughts. That probably your best option.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
Brendan McNamar

Profile:

Bill Henniger at Rouge is always interested in new products for the CrossFit community. If it is good and he likes it I expect he would manufacture and distribute them for you and give you a cut.

If it is copy written so he is the sole distributor all the better.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
Tom Taylor

Profile:

Sam,

Sent you a PM.

Tom
Old 05-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
Sam Brustein

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McIntyre View Post
I cant help you, but that is a pretty cool box! I will give you that! What a space saver.
Thanks Scott! It fits in my basement gym perfect!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Sam Brustein

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Taylor View Post
Sam,

Sent you a PM.

Tom
Got it. I work through the night so I will call you when I wake up tomarrow afternoon.