CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 12-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #11
Joseph Mathews

Profile:
Re: Lower Ab Strain or Inguinal Hernia?

Yes, I have lost a lot of strength from being fairly inactive for a couple of months now. But going to the doctor is the right move--it's usually better to address the injury and take the setback in your training rather than push and risk an even more severe injury. Good luck; I hope your issue is easily resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Lerro View Post
I'm currently a few days away from meeting with a doctor. I went for a physical at work two months ago and the doctor pointed out that I had a hernia. At the time I felt no pain and he said it was benign( until this day there is nothing popping out just an awkward feeling to the right of my bellybutton down to my waist). I scaled back for a week with crossfit and felt like everything was fine but over the course of the next month and a half I started to get a pain similar to yours but I don't feel it doing abs only when doing moves like squats or deadlifts. I have been scaling back workouts until I see my doctor next week and go from there because I have been feeling discomfort doing moves like manmakers and burpees.
I'm just concerned with how long I will have to go without working out I'm sure I am going to lose some strength during this downtime.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #12
Pat Lerro

Profile:
Re: Lower Ab Strain or Inguinal Hernia?

So how long did it take to get back to doing some crossfit specific moves even simpler bodyweight only ones like burpees? I'm scheduling my surgery Monday probably for early January.