CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Chris Coxon

Profile:
Crossfit Kids Certification - 4-5th December Ramona, San Diego

Hi - Anyone here attending the CrossFit Kids Certification in Ramona, CA this weekend?
I'm arriving on an international flight on 2nd December into San Diego. It would be great to share transport and accomodation with other CFK attendees.

Thanks!

Chris.
+64-27 2276228
Old 12-01-2010, 03:31 AM   #2
John Pollock

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Kids Certification - 4-5th December Ramona, San Diego

Hey Chris,

Best of luck with the cert - I'm looking forward to hearing about what you are bringing back to CHCH

John
Old 12-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Craig Massey

Profile:

I've posted over on the Brand X forum as quite a few Ramonans work in San Diego and commute back and forth and quite a few Brand Xers live in San Diego and travel up the hill to Ramona to get to Brand X.
http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index....wthread/11863/ (wfs)

There are buses up to Ramona from SD, but you'll spend most of a day navigating them and the routes are not easy to find if you don't have mobile internet access.

If you don't get offers of any other accommodation, the Ramona Valley Inn is cheap, clean, if a little basic, within walking distance of Brand X (although most car bound americans won't agree , it's about a 20 minute walk) and always holds rooms back for CFK cert attendees until they're full. http://www.ramonavalleyinn.com/ (wfs)

No chance of staying a few days either side of the cert?
Brand X is a magical place and I don't klnow anyone who has stayed longer who has regretted it. I do however know many who have wished that they had.

The cert is fun. Set your dignity aside at the door and have fun being a kid again for a couple of days. Learn stuff of course, there's a huge amount of incredibly valuable information being offered to you, but there's a great deal of enjoyment to be had too. I've attended 2 so far and hope I'll get to more in the future.

I wish I were going to be there. Say hi to everyone from me.
And Debbie Rakos gives good hugs, don't miss out.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
Chris Coxon

Profile:

Hi Craig - thank you for your response and suggestions.

Yes, I would be great to have some support from the local Crossfit community.
My name is Chris Coxon, from CrossfitChristchurch.com in Christchurch New Zealand.

If there are any other Attendees that I could share transport / accommodation with, that would be fantastic.
Or a Ramona local / BrandX member with a spare couch or patch of floor?

I arrive in San Diego on the 2nd of December around 3pm, best way to contact me is via my email: chriscoxon@gmail.com ...
or facebook.com/chrisjcoxon

Any support from the local communtiy would be greatly apprecited.

Thank you!
Chris .

Thank you!

Chris Coxon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Massey View Post
I've posted over on the Brand X forum as quite a few Ramonans work in San Diego and commute back and forth and quite a few Brand Xers live in San Diego and travel up the hill to Ramona to get to Brand X.
http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index....wthread/11863/ (wfs)

There are buses up to Ramona from SD, but you'll spend most of a day navigating them and the routes are not easy to find if you don't have mobile internet access.

If you don't get offers of any other accommodation, the Ramona Valley Inn is cheap, clean, if a little basic, within walking distance of Brand X (although most car bound americans won't agree , it's about a 20 minute walk) and always holds rooms back for CFK cert attendees until they're full. http://www.ramonavalleyinn.com/ (wfs)

No chance of staying a few days either side of the cert?
Brand X is a magical place and I don't klnow anyone who has stayed longer who has regretted it. I do however know many who have wished that they had.

The cert is fun. Set your dignity aside at the door and have fun being a kid again for a couple of days. Learn stuff of course, there's a huge amount of incredibly valuable information being offered to you, but there's a great deal of enjoyment to be had too. I've attended 2 so far and hope I'll get to more in the future.

I wish I were going to be there. Say hi to everyone from me.
And Debbie Rakos gives good hugs, don't miss out.