CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #111
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Re: JG Workout Log

I just tried it w/ the bar. I see what you mean. I'll have to work on that. The oly lifts are the hardest aspect of CF for me. I feel like I can gut it out through the metcon stuff, but once I see "clean" or "deadlift" in the WOD, I cringe a little. I am getting a little more comfortable w/ the deadlift though.

Thanks for the tip. Appreciate it.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:05 PM   #112
Jack Gayton

Profile:

For time:
50 Ring Dips -sub dips 1-1
Run 400 meters
50 Push-ups
Run 400 meters
50 Handstand push-ups - sub reg push-ups
Run 400 meters

15:18

Did this one yesterday and forgot to post. My arms felt dead from the beginning. I did pick up the pace of my runs though. I did each 400M at a 6:40/ mile pace. I usually would be in the 7:13 range on the treadmill.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:08 PM   #113
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Monday 071029

1 mile warm-up run w/ Peyton

With a continuously running clock do one pull-up the first minute, two pull-ups the second minute, three pull-ups the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed.

10 + 6

This one is deceiving. First, I had to read it 3 times to grasp it. Second, I'm on minute 4 thinking I can do this for half hour easy. By minute 8, I'm barely making it through 1 round before starting the next.

Upper body is beat-up. Looking forward to a rest day.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:58 PM   #114
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gayton View Post
I just tried it w/ the bar. I see what you mean. I'll have to work on that. The oly lifts are the hardest aspect of CF for me. I feel like I can gut it out through the metcon stuff, but once I see "clean" or "deadlift" in the WOD, I cringe a little. I am getting a little more comfortable w/ the deadlift though.

Thanks for the tip. Appreciate it.
We all have our strengths and weaknesses. I get the olympic lifts fairly well, I suppose (still need to work on snatch, though), and I'm OK with strength work, but I get terrified of high-rep efforts like Filthy 50 *shudder*.

Just can't take the pain.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:41 PM   #115
Jack Gayton

Profile:

It's funny isn't it? I saw a thread the other day asking what WOD everyone dreaded the most. The first couple I saw people talk about were "Michael" and "Murph". Those are two of my favorites.

I plan on going up to Albany, NY after the holidays.. I went to college there and an affiliate opened up there. I was going to spend a weekend working on oly lifts.

I've managed to drop about 10 lbs since August and I figure this winter I'll try to put some additional muscle back on. Everyone once in a while, I just think to myself about how happy I am to have found this site.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:43 PM   #116
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Wednesday 071031
Back Squat 5-5-5-5-5 reps

This is a pretty good improvement from August. I'll admit, concentrating on doing the full squat really makes these harder.

Warmed up w/ 25 front squats and finished w/ 25 front squats. Just the bar. Working on form. Need to develop some better flexibility so I can keep the bar loaded properly.

Legs should feel fantastic tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:53 PM   #117
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Taking two days off.

Been going pretty hard since July. Feeling a bit rundown and I realized I haven't been attacking the WOD's the way I want to. Going to get some rest, focus on low GI diet and be ready for the next cycle on Sunday.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #118
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Ready for tomorrow. Feeling much better. Think it's important to take a few days off every few months. Rest the body and mind.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #119
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Sunday 071104

WARM-UP:
STRETCHING
10 PUSH-UPS
10 PULL-UPS
25 SIT-UPS
10 OHS

"Nasty Girls"

3 rounds for time of:
50 Squats
7 Muscle-ups (SUB 4 PULL-UPS, 10 PUSH-UPS x 7)
135 pound Hang power cleans, 10 reps (SKIPPED)

27:46

Ok, so I was so distracted by the picture on today's main page that I did not notice the135 pound hang power clean. Not even kidding. Anyway, that workout kicked my butt. I tried doing IF for the past two days. My performance really suffered today. I just didn't feel good. I had a meal about 1.5 hours pre-workout, but I felt weak.

I'd say that experiment is done. I'm making good progress w/ the WOD's and sticking to low GI carbs, 5 meals a day is the way to go. If I get stick of eggs in the AM, I can switch to smoothies which I really like. I just need to get a little better w/ avoiding random pcs of candy or junk. I don't have a sweet tooth, so it shouldn't be hard. Besides, I really just feel crappy after I eat that stuff.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #120
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Monday 071105

Warm-up:
stretching
push-ups - 10
pull-ups - 10
ohs w/ broomstick - 10
sit-ups - 25

Four rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
Rest 2 minutes

as rx'd
12:01

ran the last 400M at 6:00 minute mile pace. should have ran the others closer to that. remember for next time.