CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 05-01-2005, 10:19 AM   #41
Graham Hayes

Profile:
We had a great session today. Started with the Helen races, and had a race off with the winners of the two groups. Then we did Micheal Perry's Military SOS, which was an awesome workout...we were all screwed up after that. As such out 10min snatch test was cut down to 5mins...

Todays Results:

"Helen" race 1:

Gally Vs Graham - Graham wins!

"Helen" race 2:

Dan Vs Davie Vs Karl - Karl wins!

"Helen" race final:

Graham Vs Karl - Graham wins!

Military SOS, the British civies got:lame::

Karl - 14:09
Graham - 15:55
Dan - 16:37
Davie - 16:41 - used a 24kg kettlebell for swings!
Gally - 17:09

5 Mins snatch test:

Davie - 104, 24kg kettlebell (he got 30 in the first minute!!)
Gally - 90, 20kg Oly Bar
Graham - 115, 16kg kettlebell
Dan - 108, 16kg kettlebell
Karl - 89, 16kg kettlebell

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/25/9788.jpg
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/25/9789.jpg
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/25/9790.jpg
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/25/9791.jpg
Old 05-01-2005, 11:03 AM   #42
Peter Galloway

Profile:

Great day, and a nice BBQ to finish off! Special thanks to Karl's mum and Rachel for the lovely food - just what five hungry lads needed!

Well played Dan - for a newbie to perform as well as you did is very impressive indeed.

The Military "SOS" was the highlight (lowlight?) for me, great performances all round and an awesome workout!

And at the risk of incurring the wrath of the US armed forces (something I have no desire to do!), I have to say our times stood up very well indeed compared to the ones posted from across the pond - come on Uncle Sam, are you gonna take that from a bunch of limeys?!! :wink:

Only kidding!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:22 AM   #43
Karl Steadman

Profile:
Awesome Day......what can i say??

Dan....CrossFit virgin no more and what an effort on the snatches....proud of ya mate!

Gally.....You are DA MAN of barbell snatches and that L sit on the rigs....INSPIRING.

Graham, as always mate.....you are my Dr Evil, same body weight and you still can outlift me! Just as well i can out run you or i'd be seriously moody! Top effort mate and great to see you again.

And as for the Big Man......Scotland should be proud of the effort this lad showed far from the motherland and surrounded by the sassenachs! Mate, you blew it out of the water with your SSS AND with the 24kg KBell......words can't express how impressive that was to watch!

The Military SOS was double hard, but a GREAT workout! Limeys rule! :crazy:

Thanks Ma and Rachey.....hostesses with the mostess!! That food's gonna be my lunch for about 2 weeks by the looks of the fridge!

What a day, what a day...
Old 05-01-2005, 03:48 PM   #44
Peter Galloway

Profile:

After such a humble post, I have to say...

I would wager that Karl could quite easily beat any (and I do mean ANY!) CrossFitter over 800 metres - the way he kicked on the last 300M of the military "SOS" was awe-inspiring - great work mate!
Also, (and I can't believe that I did), I forgot to say: Davie it was brilliant to have you here mate, hope the journey home wasn't too bad! For those who weren't there, let's just say that Davie opted for the 24KG kbell EVERY time - and made it look easy! Outstanding, inspirational work! One day I hope to be using "Olga" as well as you did - by which time you'll have no doubt graduated to the 32! Ah well, at least I'll always have something to aim for...

Oh, and as Karl rightly points out - Graham is indeed a CrossFit ANIMAL! He's a modest man, but I'm quite happy to sing his praises - after all three workouts he still had the strength to muscle up and press into a shoulder stand on the rings - awesome display of strength and yet another inspiration!

All because national pride was at stake!
:wink:

Cheers guys for another fabulous meet-up! Can't wait for the next pain-storming!
Old 05-01-2005, 06:40 PM   #45
Carrie Klumpar

Profile:
Sounds like much fun and suffering was had by all. You guys rock!

Thanks for posting results and photos so we can all see. I love your pull-up bars--though they look like they'd be pretty tough on the grip...
Old 05-02-2005, 01:52 AM   #46
Peter Galloway

Profile:

Carrie,

They're ok most of the time, but when it started raining they got a bit slippery! Poor Graham and Karl had to resort to all sorts of wild and wacky methods to get their pull-ups done!
Old 05-02-2005, 01:59 AM   #47
David Easton

Profile:
Thats me just got home after 9 hours on the bus and all I can say is..WHAT A WEEKEND!

I want to thank Karl for letting me crash at the Cassa del Steadmania, his mum and Rachel for probably the best B.B.Q I've ever been to, and the Crossfit U.K animals, Dan, Gally and Graham for making my trip down an experinece Im going to remember for a long time.

Cant wait for the next one guys..