CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM   #17151
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

2017 Masters Qualifier

Went into this only getting my first toes to bar and strict pull up since reinjuring my chest on 17.3 so waited until they was announced before deciding if I could do them. Tested ring muscle ups out Wednesday with no pain but I can't drop from the top, slow lowering only, same on chest to bar, had to do a bit of a negative down on each rep and set my shoulders at the start.

Friday:

Event 4:

2 rounds:

10 Deadlifts 143k
20 Deficit HSPU 4.5 inch
30 Front Squats 43k - 8.08

Very measured. Did not miss a single HSPU but maybe a little too careful. Contemplated redoing this one but after other scores decided not worth it. Deadlifts easy touch n go. HSPU 8,4,4,4 and 5,3,3,3,2,2,2.

Saturday:

Event 2:

Too much typing for a **** workout. Managed 3 Squat Cleans at 102k so the third bar. 256 reps. Was weak on the ttb and tripped a lot on the doubles. Was feeling crappy all day.

Sunday:

Event 1:

100 DB Snatch 22.5k
80 Cal Row
60 BF Burpees
40 Ring muscle ups - 268 so 28 ring muscle ups completed in 20 min cap

I could finish this one if I was fully fit. Luckily got to ring muscle ups at 13.30, well not lucky I'm good at rowing and snatching DBs. Had time to get really tight on all the muscle ups. Missed two reps that usually I would of fought for, but catching low means I drop right now.

Monday:

Event 3:

21-15-9

Push Press 61k
C2B pull ups - 4.24

Expected faster but first time doing c2b since injuring myself last two times. I was careful and done the reps with a very controlled kip, almost strict looking.

My scores are in but not validated. Will validate tonight when I get home from coaching. Would rather not watch my name sink down the list out of games contention, much prefer it to slot in lower.

I'm happy. Got through it without reinjuring myself and I am now ready to get back to training for 2018 from tomorrow. YEP **** RESTING STRAIGHT BACK IN.. I will be training for 2018 while the others are messing around in Madison.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old Today, 01:53 AM   #17152
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Finished up 31st so made up 14 places on the MQ. I did expect a jump even with the injury due to the unusual open this year putting some randoms ahead of me. The MQ events were so much better than the open this year, much more Crossfit that I know.

Mostly surprised with being only 6 reps behind first place on Event 1 with the ring muscle ups. I definately have 12 more reps when I redo this in a month so expect to finish in the 20 min time cap.

Everyone knows now that it's usually the ring muscle up video that's asked for in the MQ hence they all do it properly. Another reason I done well on that one. Not saying any names but have a look who under performed on this workout.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old Today, 10:02 AM   #17153
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

25 April 2017

Glad that's done, can get on with decent volume training now.

Strict HSPU EMOM - 4.5 inch deficit

3/3/3/2/2/2/2/2/2/2

They never go back once a standard is made harder so from now on all hspu to a deficit.

Front Squats

90k x 5 x 5

Strength slightly down after all the qualifiers not leaving me time for 2x a week squatting.

15 min amrap:

15 Cals row
12 GHD sit ups
9 Ring dips (always strict) - 8 rounds
Old Today, 10:14 AM   #17154
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Great job Scott. True warrior. Nudgeing you a bit.. you now have 9th, 15th with the dq of a cheater and finishing 32nd this year. I have 4th, 8th and 20th with the dq of the same cheater.. I'm 1 year ahead of you. So what I am trying to say is that you got a lot of work to do. 3 to zero is the score. We will take 2018 as the grudge match.

Did some dubs in a workout last night.. its been over 2 months from the last tear of the foot. Happy to be walking around better without so much pain. The back injury hurt me with my strength.. but the foot and shoulder injury that took my absolute wheelhouse type of stuff off the board. Mentally could not handle this. Box jumps, burpees, dubs, running those are my best stuff. Will continue to try and find a good blend of improving and having fun.

Question- what drives you to compete? What keeps you going when injured?