CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:
Selling my cheap wooden squat rack - Falls Church, VA.

If you're in the area, I'm selling the squat rack shown on this page (WFS). I'm only going to be home until Saturday evening, so I'd like to sell it quickly. It's $15, a bit less than the cost of the materials, but also saving you a good amount of time in labor. I just want it to go to someone who will use it - It would kill me to just throw it out with the garbage.

Please see the Craig's List post here (WFS) for more details, including my contact info. (Please don't use PM's here - they won't be quick enough.)

Don't forget, this squat rack is also famous! Hahaha. (The above page on my blog is my second most often visited page, with 6223 hits since posting - the #1 page is the one with my home gym, also featuring several pictures of the rack.)
Old 01-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Ardi Shero

Profile:
Re: Selling my cheap wooden squat rack - Falls Church, VA.

I think you should just give it away to a young gun. This is what I would have done anyways. You help a kid and in the end you'll feel good about it. I've given away a bench that I could have made $50 for it, but in the end I was glad that I did what I did.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:
Re: Selling my cheap wooden squat rack - Falls Church, VA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi Shero View Post
I think you should just give it away to a young gun. This is what I would have done anyways. You help a kid and in the end you'll feel good about it. I've given away a bench that I could have made $50 for it, but in the end I was glad that I did what I did.
People have a tendency to not respect things they receive for free. A price tag, however moderate, ensures that someone who actually wants it is the one who gets it, not merely someone who likes to get free stuff. (Or even worse, someone who would turn around and sell it for $15 himself.)