CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-01-2007, 06:16 AM   #21
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Wednesday 070801
For time:
50 Ring Dips (sub - 50 dips)
Run 400 meters
50 Push-ups
Run 400 meters
50 Handstand push-ups (sub elevated push ups)
Run 400 meters

17:18

Should have done another round of dips, but still fairly intense. It's amazing how hard these workouts are in such a short amount of time.

5th day in a row doing WOD first thing in the AM. Really like knocking it out early. One more day and then a much needed rest.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:20 AM   #22
Jack Gayton

Profile:

"Jason"

For time:
100 Squats
5 Muscle-ups (sub 5 pullups / 10 pushups)
75 Squats
10 Muscle-ups (sub 10 pullups / 20 pushups)
50 Squats
15 Muscle-ups (sub 15 pullups / 30 pushups)
25 Squats
20 Muscle-ups (sub 20 pullups / 40 pushups)

Post time to comments.

21:48

Was caught off guard by the warrior workout. Not so much in it's challenge, but the message behind it. I know that CF has these things, but reading the dedication. It home to see that this soldier died on July 6th. On July 6th we were all going about our lives, while fellow countrymen are dying. Whether or not you support the war is irrelevant.

Many dedicated their workout to Jason. I honestly don't think me punishing myself in the basement is worthy of his sacrifice and his families loss. All I can do is stop for a minute and be truly grateful and humbled by the sacfrice of all our soldiers.

Last day of cycle. Need a break.. Back at it Saturday AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #23
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Rest Day (woo hoo)

Legs are a little sore from 250 body weight squats yesterday. If somebody told me to do 250 body weight squats two months ago, I would probably tell them to.. well, you know.

Got up at 6AM every morning this week. My 14 month old helped a couple times. I really like waking up, watching the news or espn, having some coffee and then knocking out the workout. It frees up my evenings, takes the stress of finding a time to workout out of the equation and is awesome for spending time w/ family on weekends. I'm going to try to keep it up 7 days a week. I'll just relish the naps on saturday afternoons.

I also read a little online about alcohol. I have cut back from college.. I've even cut back from a couple years ago. Still, I'm realizing anything more than two beers is dumb unless it's a paaarty situation. I say screw the miller lite, let me have 1, maybe two sam adams and enjoy them. I think for weeknights, I'm going to generally abstain, but never have more than 1. Weekends - 2 (again unless at a party or whatever).

Other than that, I'm closing in on one month doing crossfit. I love it. Feeling stronger and more fit.. I can't wait for that 5K in September.

Just need to get a handle on my diet.. I just love bread. I miss bread.. The whole low gylcemic carbs in the AM and lean the rest of the day seems to be working. My wife has done it for over a month and she looks awesome.

Back at the WOD tomorrow morning. I'm wondering what's in store. Guessing some sort of heavy lift. It's been a while..
Old 08-04-2007, 04:47 AM   #24
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Saturday 070804
Run 5 K

24:42

I think my time would have actually been better. I was just over 23:00 and could see the end, so I pushed it out, but must have started that sprint too early. About 50 yards from the finish, I started to think I was going to hurl. Never happened to me before, so I stopped dead. I added another minute to my time by walking the last 50 yards. Pathetic, I know. But I hate puking.

I'm looking for a time under 24:00 next time.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:50 AM   #25
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Sunday 070805
"Elizabeth"

21-15-9 reps of:
Clean 135 pounds (95 lbs)
Ring dips (close hand push ups)

3 X CFWU
15 cleans @ 95 lbs
20 close hand push-ups

Was interrupted by father in law who needs help loading shingles onto a flat-bed. I think doing this in 95 degree heat will be my WOD.

I feel a little better w/ the cleans, but the motion is quite there. I would not be able to handle 135 w/ this form.

Sub-standard day. Tomorrow has to be intense.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:15 AM   #26
Jack Gayton

Profile:
WOD called for snatches. I think I'm going to stick w/ the squat and deadlift, while working on the clean.

Back Squat
5-5-5-5-5

I think I can start in the 175 range and work up. Felt good. Did some research and was focusing on keeping my chest out and feet flat on the floor through the push up.

I also think I'll stick w/ the 5 rep format. I'm on my own in the basement and don't feel like really hurting myself trying for 1 rep maxes.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:44 AM   #27
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Wednesday 070808
Back Squat 3-3-3-3-3-3-3 reps

I did squats on monday in place of the WOD and this is what I get. My right groin and glute were a little tight. I was happy w/ the load, but only did 4 sets to avoid major soreness tommorrow.

CFWU X 3

I also started a diet plan for 4 weeks. I would like to lose 5lbs of fat by Sept 1 I will then go into a maintenance phase in terms of weight.

Using Hussman's approach. I will eat 6 small meals at about 1800 calories a say. One or two cheat meals (not days). Watch protein intake and eat low glycemic carbs.

20.5% BF

I really think the BF reading is high. It's off a tatinia scale and varies in reading throughout the day. I'm going to use the early morning reading and look for a decrease.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:38 AM   #28
Jack Gayton

Profile:
"Nicole"

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
Run 400 meters
Max rep Pull-ups

7 rounds

I can improve this w/ slightly faster runs and improvement of pullups.

Today was the first morning where I just wasn't motivated to get out of bed. The wife and kid are in Boston visiting family. Hit snooze, but figured if I can get a morning w/ no baby screaming, I'm taking it. Was still up by 630 and beginning nicole by 7.

I find reading the comments helps you get motivated..

Old 08-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #29
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Friday 070810

CFWU X 3

Shoulder press 1-1-1-1-1 reps
95-95-115-95-105

Push press 3-3-3-3-3 reps
105-95-105-105 (oops, only did 4)

Push Jerk 5-5-5-5-5 reps (subbed bench press)
135-155-175(fail)-155-155

First day not doing WOD in the morning. Went out w/ a buddy last night and had a couple beers. Dark beer really kicks my butt. Had 4 beers and a severe headache this morning. Kind of lends credence to my new 1-2 beer max principle.

Was happy to start to grasp the push press. Realize it's an explosive move. If you think too much about it, it becomes jerky and doesn't work. I'll work on this one and move into the push jerk later on.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:57 AM   #30
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Rest Day

Plan on taking part in the urbanathalon in NYC at the end of September. Plus, an 8K in Montgomery on 9/8. So, I need to work on running also.

Figure 3 runs a week (at night) plus the usual WOD in the AM. Need to avoid over doing it, so I will really pace myself on the runs and just build up my wind for long runs.

Did about 3 miles w/ the dog and another on my own. Will build into solid 5 mile runs this month and then get ready for the urbanathalon in Sept.