CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 02-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #7011
Steven Thunander

Profile:
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

I was in the middle of my squat/box jump WOD and a guy came into my rack and started to stretch in the middle of my WOD, even though one of the other racks was open. Later on, he proceeded to do a superset of curls in the rack next to me. Also, I can tell Spring Break is coming up fast, with all of the beach bodybuilders crowding the dumbbell section only doing chest, triceps, and biceps.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #7012
Collin Thompson

Profile:

Even though I think this thread is a little pompous, this was just too weird to keep in - some girl was doing her workout standing with dumbbells with an open macbook resting on the bench in front of her, headphones plugged in and the cord at maximum extension. Of course I went to see what was on the screen expecting to see some instructional video but it was a word doc...
Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #7013
James Rios

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Thompson View Post
Even though I think this thread is a little pompous, this was just too weird to keep in - some girl was doing her workout standing with dumbbells with an open macbook resting on the bench in front of her, headphones plugged in and the cord at maximum extension. Of course I went to see what was on the screen expecting to see some instructional video but it was a word doc...
perhaps she forgot her ipod? then also realized she could study whilst exercising?
Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #7014
Dave Traeger

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rios View Post
perhaps she forgot her ipod? then also realized she could study whilst exercising?
Guys have Multitask Beta version, sometimes works but is buggy. Girls have Multitask Final Release.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #7015
Eric J Leon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Thompson View Post
Maybe she was running a 5x5 or 531?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #7016
Peter Villa

Profile:

I was at a globo gym, and I did Tabata Tradmill.

Wowzers it sucked!

Got the craziest looks from people because I was hauling! Awesome!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #7017
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:

Was doing some squatting a couple weeks ago and was working up to heavier (for me at least) weights. I think it was just a 1x2 at 355lbs. Anyway a group of gentleman from somewhere in the former Soviet Union who were doing deadlifts next to me all of the sudden stops and starts staring at me.

I finish my set, step back and one of the guys comes over and shakes my hand and says (in a very Ivan Drago'esque accent) "good job, we see you put 3 plates on there, 3 plates is serious and we didn't think you were going to do it". He was larger than me too and I was a bit surprised. Granted I'm only 5'8" on a good day but...It was a bit strange but I guess I was flattered none-the less and thanked him for saying so.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #7018
Graeme Moore

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Wintczak View Post
Was doing some squatting a couple weeks ago and was working up to heavier (for me at least) weights. I think it was just a 1x2 at 355lbs. Anyway a group of gentleman from somewhere in the former Soviet Union who were doing deadlifts next to me all of the sudden stops and starts staring at me.

I finish my set, step back and one of the guys comes over and shakes my hand and says (in a very Ivan Drago'esque accent) "good job, we see you put 3 plates on there, 3 plates is serious and we didn't think you were going to do it". He was larger than me too and I was a bit surprised. Granted I'm only 5'8" on a good day but...It was a bit strange but I guess I was flattered none-the less and thanked him for saying so.
The Party is always right.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #7019
Kevin Benson

Profile:

Accidentally stole the power rack from a guy doing curls in it while he was away doing some other exercises in a circuit. He didn't say anything, but I could see him glaring at me in the mirror as I was warming up for my squat workout.

I have nothing against curls, but this guy was using the olympic bar plus 20lbs, so 65lbs total. I workout at a 24hr fitness so there's preloaded barbells with that weight, plenty of dumbbells, and 5 completely unused bench press set-ups he could have taken a bar from. Heck, he could have grabbed an unused olympic bar and set it up on the floor next to everything else he was doing.

I blows my mind that he would need to use the one power rack in the gym when he had so many other options.

One positive thing I saw today was a trainer using full ROM wall balls and burpee pull-ups with a client.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #7020
Collin Thompson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Wintczak View Post

Ha! That's so cool