CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #521
Ryan Lynch

Profile:
Re: Anabolic Diet - My Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Compora View Post
does olive oil mix well in protein powder? that could make things much easier for fat sources
I have a terrific hand blender which mixes it up nicely...I have even made shakes using water bottles, and just shaking the bottle aggressively does the trick.

-Ryan
Old 04-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #522
James Compora

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Lynch View Post
I have a terrific hand blender which mixes it up nicely...I have even made shakes using water bottles, and just shaking the bottle aggressively does the trick.

-Ryan
Yeah i tried it today with a shaker... it mixed very well, but the olive oil taste was quite nasty but i delt with it and slammed it down
Old 04-08-2009, 12:36 AM   #523
Charles Bennington

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Compora View Post
Yeah i tried it today with a shaker... it mixed very well, but the olive oil taste was quite nasty but i delt with it and slammed it down
It is not bad, it is delicious!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #524
James Compora

Profile:

no way chuck, it was really strong and kinda nasty lol... maybe i should try a diff kind of oil instead of olive?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #525
Bruce Duco

Profile:

Ok. Today is my first carb load day after the twelve day indoc period. This morning I had to go to work, but the office was closed. I ate a Big Breakfast from McDonalds. Not too long after that meal, I felt like I took a Valium or something...

I drank Smoothie King smoothie for lunch, which wasn't so bad. I did today's main page WOD, and was just really gassed, and I really felt Pukie creeping up on me, so I cut it short.

I just got finished eating a whole Red Baron pizza like it was nothing, and I'm still kind of hungry.

I'm hoping my workouts improve soon.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #526
Ryan Lynch

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Duco View Post
Ok. Today is my first carb load day after the twelve day indoc period. This morning I had to go to work, but the office was closed. I ate a Big Breakfast from McDonalds. Not too long after that meal, I felt like I took a Valium or something...

I drank Smoothie King smoothie for lunch, which wasn't so bad. I did today's main page WOD, and was just really gassed, and I really felt Pukie creeping up on me, so I cut it short.

I just got finished eating a whole Red Baron pizza like it was nothing, and I'm still kind of hungry.

I'm hoping my workouts improve soon.
Ha! Good times...be patient, it will take a bit for the workouts to improve.

-Ryan
Old 04-18-2009, 02:54 AM   #527
Harley Jennings

Profile:

Hey Ryan,

So after much experimenting I finally hit Ketosis. I have been using the Ketostix for awhile and never got a decent reading.

Well last Sunday after Easter I started the 12 day indoc period, felt like crap on the fourth day, but then on day five I experienced something that I have never felt before. After my work out I had all this crazy energy. The kind of energy I use to feel when I would take ephedrine products. I tested on a ketostix last night and got one of the darkest readings I have had yet. Pretty cool.

I was wondering though, I couldn't get to sleep last night. It felt like I had too much energy to sleep. I mean blacked out room, white noise machine, light reading for an hour before bed, usual bed time...nothing. I stared at the wall for six hours.

You ever experience anything like that?
M/27/5'10''/200lbs/13%BF BS 365#/ SP 205#/ DL 425#/ BP 345#/ PC 235#/ FS 265#/ CJ 225#/ THR 225#/ Liz 6:11/ Murph 39:00My Log
Old 04-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #528
Charles Bennington

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Jennings View Post
I was wondering though, I couldn't get to sleep last night. It felt like I had too much energy to sleep. I mean blacked out room, white noise machine, light reading for an hour before bed, usual bed time...nothing. I stared at the wall for six hours.

That's happened to me before. I've always had a garbage time falling asleep until I started AD. My sleep improved dramatically without any carbs. I also found that when I'm really dialed in with my diet on AD I can get by with far less sleep. Currently I'm going through a cycle of trouble falling asleep, for me it comes and goes, but like I said- much less frequently on AD.

Try taking ZMA to help with the sleep.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #529
Ryan Lynch

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Jennings View Post
Hey Ryan,

So after much experimenting I finally hit Ketosis. I have been using the Ketostix for awhile and never got a decent reading.

Well last Sunday after Easter I started the 12 day indoc period, felt like crap on the fourth day, but then on day five I experienced something that I have never felt before. After my work out I had all this crazy energy. The kind of energy I use to feel when I would take ephedrine products. I tested on a ketostix last night and got one of the darkest readings I have had yet. Pretty cool.

Yup, had many a sleepless night. Overall though, I sleep better now and get by on significantly less sleep. I usually get about 6-7 hours and I feel rested and energized. Carb loads though I usually do not sleep well if I eat something late in the evening. If I stop around 7ish, I can usually get a good night sleep.

-Ryan
Old 04-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #530
Ryan Lynch

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bennington View Post
Try taking ZMA to help with the sleep.
2nd that...ZMA is good stuff.

It's one of the few supplements I take and seems to actually do something. It took a few days to get going, had a few rough nights there, but now I sleep quite well with it.

-Ryan