CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
Dennis Marshall

Profile:
GGS vs. Rogue vs. Again Faster

Will be looking to outfit a medium-sized box (2,000-3,000 sq. ft.) in the near future and have been exploring different affiliate equipment packages. I have heard nothing but great things about Garage Gym Store, Rogue Fitness and Again Faster and am having trouble deciding on which to choose.

Just wanted to see if there are any (unbiased) opinions or experiences that people are willing to share in dealing with these three different vendors.

Any insight is most appreciated.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
Steve Reggio

Profile:
Re: GGS vs. Rogue vs. Again Faster

Look at the packages but also think about what you want, how much you want to spend then maybe shop each one to get individual items from each. I have never purchased anything from Again Faster so I can not speak about them but I have purchased stuff from both Rogue and GGS. Service has been good on both fronts so no problems there. Each has some items that they are better priced- C2's were cheaper from Rogue and they carried the Muscle Driver KB's but GGS carries some private label stuff like the new Med Balls and other items that are a better deal.

Tangent:
I will say this- Don't just buy Men's Bars. Whatever bars you get, buy some Men's, Women's and 15 lb Training bars.

Shop around based on what you need. Rogue and GGS have treated me well and any hiccups were quickly corrected from both- that is the key to good service
Old 10-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
Bethany Wadsworth

Profile:

I have been very pleased with the customer service, quality, etc. of Again Faster. Very nice guy, that Jon Gilson!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #4
Jay Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany Wadsworth View Post
I have been very pleased with the customer service, quality, etc. of Again Faster. Very nice guy, that Jon Gilson!

Agree.
Have purchased about a 1k from Jon, excellent service. Know the guys at Rogue, have trained with them, excellent people and would consider buying some stuff from them.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the "main" CF suppliers. Don't forget Glenn Pendaly. He seems like another great guy and his advice is always spot on. I'd buy something from him just because of his great attitude, but again, Jon and the Rogue boys are very, very good people.

Just my two cents.

Of course, I'd buy a new bar from Mark Rippetoe, as he's the man, end of story.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #5
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

Got stuff from both Again faster and GGS and also Allison Foreman and CrossfitSOCAL. Glen Pendlay's bar is the best - woman's. Allison hands down cheapest for York stuff. Got GHB from her (and tons of other stuff including the recommended 15 lb bar which I love, being wimpy). This was after talking at length to Againfaster guy about the York GHB, originally intending to get it from him but Allison's cheapness on shipping made me get stuff from her. Everything shipped for just the shipping cost of GHB. Freight shipping is weird.

I also got quotes from GGS and asked againfaster if he could beat them. He could not, mostly shipping issues which changes all the time. So in order to be fair, he was so helpful, I bought a bunch of stuff from again faster that GGS did not have to help make up for the time he spent with me. Delivery was prompt, easy CC purchase.
GGS concerned me a bit because I sent them a check to avoid the CC surcharge, there seemed to be some confusion for part of my order and it did not come for weeks. Once I pointed it out though they found it and made it good. I was just uncomfortable with no recourse to get money back because it was a check. No CC dispute process to fall back on if things went truly south. The Lugos apologized profusely and it got fixed . The rope was the last thing and it took forever, so you might want to ask about concrete shipping times if you have a deadline to meet. I had no deadlines.

Nothing was bought in bulk, the bulk deals are better and might ultimately change your choice.