CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #1
Lionel Garcia

Profile:
Talking My First Post

Hey Xfitters,

I'm just getting into this. I used to think I was a pretty athletic guy till I watched a couple of the video's from the main page. Well anyways, I've been doing some water'd down wod's, reading lots of posts, and doing my best to get good form and technique for the past 4 weeks. Thanks to everyone who posts on this site. It's been very helpful. While I haven't been doing the full workouts I already feel addicted to xfit and I can't wait to get a Fran time below 4 minutes (a hefty goal but I know I can do it). I attached a current pic. I'm not doing this to get jacked I just want to be stronger and faster. So now I'm going to start logging my workouts. The WOD for today is a fight gone bad, but the gym here on base isn't set up to where i can do the Exercises quickly soooo I'm gonna do a filthy fifty instead. I'll be back l8r LATER to post my time.

Last edited by Lionel Garcia : 04-06-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
Lionel Garcia

Profile:
Re: My First Post

43.39 seconds

It would have been faster if i didn't have to walk accross the gym to get to the pullup bar. But then again the walkin was a nice break in action...
Wall Balls, K2E's, and burpees suck. I almost threw up 3 or 4 times and tasted last nights dinner. When I was done I collapsed on a pile of situp mats and a girl that was in the room walked by shaking her head thinkin I was insane I guess. My hands were shaking and I felt like crap for about an hour after... but looking at my little sheet of exercises it's nice to know i did all that in only 43 minutes... Hopefully next time won't take so long.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
Lionel Garcia

Profile:

I couldn't do a "jason" today cuz BECAUSE I don't have rings, nor does the gym on base. I bought a pair a few days ago on ebay so I'll be able to do muscle ups soon. I'm pretty sure I can do one but we'll see. Anyways, I did tons of dips, pullups, squats and I did 50 du's followed by some sprints. I used a wet leather rope and got whipped a few times. Can't wait for the rings to get to the house.

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 11-30-2008 at 12:10 AM. Reason: NO AOL-SPEAK!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
Lionel Garcia

Profile:

friday was a travel day for me... I flew in from dayton so i didn't do anythinig, just some pushups in my room.
Saturday I did tons of squats... I did the 5-5-5-5-5

But towards the end I tried to max out so I only did like 2 or 3 at a time. Then I went back down in weight and burned out.

I maxed at 265.

Then I did some jump rope work cuz BECAUSE there was a hot girl in the aerobics room. A lot of cross overs, double unders, and foot shuffles... I'm sure she was impressed haha, then some ab work, a set of 23 dead hang pullups then small sets of kipping pullups till my grip hurt. Then I ran a mile in about 8:20. I was spent and today my legs are sore as a mutha.

oh and btw, I have no idea what the diff is between the hang power snatch, the power snatch, and the regular snatch is... they all look pretty much the same from the vids on youtube/the main page.

I'm thinking about joining the san antonio xfit gym but it's on the other side of town from me... But I really really want to join...it's a tough choice.

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 11-30-2008 at 12:10 AM. Reason: AOLSPEAK
Old 11-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
Lionel Garcia

Profile:

ugh, I've been sick for almost 2 weeks. I had pneumonia and I still have a bit of a cough. I'm going to work out tomorrow though... I'll have to scale down whatever the wod is though I still feel tired from being so sick...
Old 01-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
Lionel Garcia

Profile:

I joined a xfit gym!

It's called Body Armor. It's off of Broadway and like 10 minutes from my house here in San Antonio. We did a FGB. I brought it weak.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
Lionel Garcia

Profile:

I just did the cf total the last wednesday. I scored 700. I currently weigh about 163# give or take a pound every morning. I LOVE xfit and the place I go to rocks. we have small classes of about 9 or 10 max and we have fun work outs. I've been there for a month now and I already feel bigger/stronger/faster.

=p
Old 02-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
Sharon Miller

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Garcia View Post
oh and btw, I have no idea what the diff is between the hang power snatch, the power snatch, and the regular snatch is... they all look pretty much the same from the vids on youtube/the main page.
Lionel, Welcome to the madness. Looks like you are off to an impressive start.
I am sure you will get great instruction and motivation at Body Armor and you will learn all of the oly lifts. Here is a quick non-technical explanation of the different snatches.

Snatch—movement begins with the weight on the floor, and the catch is in a full squat position.
Power Snatch—same as snatch but the catch is only as low as you need to go to get under the weight.
Hang power snatch— same as power snatch, but you begin from the standing postion
Old 02-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
Lionel Garcia

Profile:

Whoa,

Thanks for the quick break down. Body Armor is still kicking my butt. I go Monday, tuesdays, wednesdays, fridays, and Saturdays. I take thursdays and sundays off. Well they are closed sundays anyways. I can totally see the diff in the mirror but not on the scale. I've gained about 2 pounds. I feel a lot better except in the mornings getting out of bed I feel like an old man. I think I'm doing ok for a new member and I can keep up with the people who have been there longer. There are a few that I wish I knew what they ate. I'm excited to see where I'll be in a few more months as I've already noticed changes since I joined about a month ago.

Last edited by Lionel Garcia : 02-12-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
Lionel Garcia

Profile:

Whoa, haven't posted in ages. I've been going to body armor 5 days a week. Skipping Thursdays and Sundays. Recently I put up a barbara time of 23 minutes and scored 132 on lynn. I push pressed 195 (30 more than I weigh). Benched 235. I got a cf total of 700 the other day... I think I said that already. Anyways, just wanted to show some progress. I want to go to the games next year.

Last edited by Lionel Garcia : 03-07-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Aol speak