CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
Tim Crawford

Profile:
A new year, a new thread, a new me?

Hello all CF'ers out there. I am starting a thread to keep me honest and help my motivation (mostly for the diet part) in trying to shape up before I'm 35 (I turn 34 in about 8 days). I haven't been able to work out since October due to work and some motivational issues, and I was doing so good and my pants were huge on me. Now, well, I make sure I wear a shirt long enough to cover my belt so others can't see. I'm trying to come back and have been trying to figure out what to / not to eat (thanks Jason David). I'm currently at 235lbs, an all time high for me. What are my goals? I'm not sure, as I feel anything would be an improvement, but I'll probably work in some cardio work on every WOD. My PR for a CFT was 600. It really sucks not having an affiliate near me.

Please feel free to comment on anything you read. If most of you saw my regular meals, well, let's just say Sigh, I love chunky peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwiches - think that's Paleo safe?

0700: Three eggs and about four pieces of ham, glass of orange juice and water.

1100: I forgot how much the warm-up sucked, but I think I forgot something; 1/4 mile run, 10 of each: pull-ups/OHS/dips/squats/modified GH sit-ups

WOD, 1/2 mile run
Shoulder Press: 95/95/95/105/105
Push Press: 105/105/110/110/110
Push Jerk: 110/110/110/95/95 (lost my balance, wanted to concentrate on form over weight)

1230: Large salad with Romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, grape tomatoes and italian dressing, a few cashews

1430: two hard boiled eggs with some cashews (forgot my apple)

Dinner will be whatever the wife cooks, however portion control will be my biggest factor here. I went to the store and stocked up on veggies, so that will be included.

Around 2030 hunger usually strikes, so I've been trying to stop eating grains and sugars, so no more bowls of Lucky Charms - maybe a little (like a regular spoon) of peanut butter and apple. Would having some milk be bad?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
Tim Crawford

Profile:
Re: A new year, a new thread, a new me?

Day Two:

Freaking sore and loving it. It's so quick to get out of shape, and my body is telling me I've been a baaad boy.

0700: SURPRISE! Three eggs over medium and three pieces of bacon, glass of OJ and water

1100: Warm-up sucked today more than yesterday, and as soon as I hit the first dip, I figured out why my chest was sore. The WOD was 10 rounds of 2 minutes: jump rope, then 1 minute of rest. I've lost my coordination about the time I was gaining weight. I may need to look at some of the other jumpropes mentioned in the forums, as the NIKE one isn't working for me, it keeps curling up when I'm trying to jump.

1230: Portion of ham, cheese stick, some steamed broccoli and a flavored carbonated water from Wal-Mart. I also had some sugar-free jello. All the ingredients state zero for the water, but I'm not sure about the jello.

1700: Dang it! The wife made these awesome sandwiches, called Southwest sandwiches. They are just Turkey with some shredded cheese and tomatoes, but I'm not sure about the sauce, as I know there is Sour Cream in it, mixed with some other junk, but I love them. I didn't have any vegtables, which is my bad.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
Tim Crawford

Profile:

Day Three, and still doing pretty good:

0830: Three eggs over easy, three pieces of bacon, and two pieces of toast (dang!) with some coffee and water

1100: Warm-up sucked and had to use the Gravitron to do pull-ups and dips. Still trying to work on OHS, as I'm not very balanced when squatting and constantly have to reposition my feet. I did an Eliptical Interval work-out for 30 minutes, since the gym doesn't have a rower. According to the machine, this burned about 300 calories.

1300: Large salad with Romaine lettuce and spinach with a 3oz package of pink salmon, and added some of the salad dressing "spritzer" stuff, (anyone know if this is okay?), a cheese stick and some left over sugar-free dessert the wife made last night.

1430: I was starving, so I ate my next meal a little early, two hard-boiled eggs and some cashews and water.

1730: The wife was feeling Chinese tonight, so I had some cashew chicken, and didn't take any of the breading off, with only a little white rice. This place does not have a good Chinese place!

2000: Another apple with a bit of Peanut Butter. I have seen posts about something like Almond Butter, so I'll have to check that out.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
Tim Crawford

Profile:

Forgot to post yesterday:

Day Four: Rest day, but still watching the food.

0700: One apple and some cashews (I was running late), glass of water.

1100: Baby Spinach, grape tomatoes, and 3 oz of pink salmon, Sam's Choice Kiwi Strawberry flavored water.

1430: Two hard-boiled eggs and some cashews

1700: A nasty dish the wife defrosted (she doesn't like it either, but the receipe made soooo much, and we didn't want to waste it) of white rice, cheese, shredded chicken and peas. Since we were trying to get the five and two year old to eat, daddy had to enforce that it was good food.

2000: A handful of purple seedless grapes
Old 01-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
Tim Crawford

Profile:

Day Five (a day behind)

0700: Two eggs over hard (still having a hard time making them over medium) and ham, glass of milk and glass of water

1100: Warm-up: Had to break the pullups and dips into smaller sets, just to get 10 each - wimp!
WOD: Deadlifts: 95x3 / 125x3 / 225x3 / 275x2x1 / 275x1x1x1 - my ORM was 300 and I haven't done DL in awhile, so I wasn't too dissapointed

1230: Had a salad of romain lettuce, grape tomatoes and turkey, Sam's Choice Strawberry flavored water.

1430: Two hard-boiled eggs and some cashews

1730: Left-over Chinese chicken, large salad of romain lettuce, grape tomatoes, and a dash of Ranch dressing (need to go shopping to get more vinaigrette)

2000: A glass of milk
Old 01-11-2009, 08:16 AM   #6
Tim Crawford

Profile:

Day Six: 10 Jan 09

0730: Three over medium eggs and four pieces of bacon (it was supposed to be three pieces of bacon, but all the sudden the two year old didn't want a piece)

1100: WOD; not much warm-up, as I really wanted to concentrate on the run
Ran one mile (finally) in 10:00 at 6mph on the treadmill. I KNOW, I KNOW, running outside is better and more "true", but hey at least I ran, my least favorite exercise. I walked for 1/4 of a mile, and then ran another 1/2 mile at 6mph. This was actually pretty good for me, and I really want to get up to a 5k run.

1230: Two hard-boiled eggs and some cashews

1400: Apple on the way home from work

1700: Some mexican quesadilla receipe my wife found in a book - it was okay, but had long-grain rice and it was on a soft tortilla shell.

2000: glass of milk
Old 01-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
Jason David

Profile:

Hey There! Good job starting the log...

I will post more detailed responses in the future but at a glance...

Cut out the OJ sure. Eat fruit. Not fruit juice.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #8
Tim Crawford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason David View Post
Hey There! Good job starting the log...

I will post more detailed responses in the future but at a glance...

Cut out the OJ sure. Eat fruit. Not fruit juice.

Thanks, Jason. I've put it out there, but any feedback from ANYONE will be welcome. I need it to tweak what I'm doing, and the only way to get smarter is to surround yourself with smarter people.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #9
Tim Crawford

Profile:

11 Jan 09:

0700: Two eggs over hard and some deli slices of turkey, water. Some milk on the way to work - it's going to be a long week, probably working from about 6am until about 11pm.

1300: Two hard-boiled eggs, some almonds and yogurt, and drank some more water.

1700: Had an informal dinner with co-workers and ordered a grilled chicken salad (came out fried )

I had to skip my workout today, but I think that's going to be the norm for this week. I will be working about 60-70 hours of just overtime, so I won't have a lot of time to go to the gym. I will be searching the forums for something I can do in an office without going to a gym.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #10
Justin McGinley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Crawford View Post
I had to skip my workout today, but I think that's going to be the norm for this week. I will be working about 60-70 hours of just overtime, so I won't have a lot of time to go to the gym. I will be searching the forums for something I can do in an office without going to a gym.
Ask, and ye shall receive. http://crossfitallegiance.wordpress....tion-workouts/ wfs