CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Mat Frankel

Profile:
Rebuilding an Athlete - Mats Log

I decided that I am going to take the dive, 100% Crossfit. Instead of only doing CF 2 or 3x per week as I was before I'm going to follow CFE from now on. I am going to be a day behind so that I can have some more flexibility because my schedule may not permit working out 2x per day on each day so being able to plan the prescribed workout into the day works better for me. I'll also post my Diet here to make sure that I am keeping track.

Here's the Diet so far:
5 egg whites (~3BP)
1 oz cheese (1 BP, 3BF)
salsa (1B C)
1/2 cup dry oats (3B)
1/2 cup blueberries (1B)
little more then 1 tsp Almond Butter (~2BF)

1/2 cup cottage cheese (~2 BP)
protein to taste (gets cottage cheese to 2B)
1/2 cup blueberries (1 BC)

4 oz chicken (4 BP)
1 oz cheese (1 BP, 3 BF)
2 cups broccoli steamed + some celery and green pepper (~2B)
12 almonds (4 BF)

WOD:

Fight Gone Bad

This is my first time getting after this workout. I'm pretty excited as well as nervous haha but its going to be good to start the total CF experience with this workout. I'll post numbers after I kick its ***...or it kicks mine?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
Mat Frankel

Profile:
Re: Rebuilding an Athlete - Mats Log

That was awesome. 3 rounds of absolute madness. I didn't have a partner and didn't want to stop to write down my scores but trying to remember I was somewhere around 20-25 on each thuster subbed for wallball, 15-20 on SDHP, 22-28 on Box Jumps, 23-29 Press, and 16-20 on the row. What an awesome workout, I was spent and laying on the ground after. Kept with the diet too.

After lunch

1 oz cheese
apple
3 almonds

dinner

5 oz chicken
2 cups spinach
some celery and green peppers onion and garlic
1.5 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp home made guacamole

great 1st day. looking forward to tomorrow.
Going to do yesterdays CFE workout in the AM and the WOD from the mainsite afternoon.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
Mat Frankel

Profile:

Day 2 in the books!
Great day again today. Woke up this morning at 4:15 did the CFE workout from Sunday. 5 on 5 off, 4 on 4 off, 3 on 3 off, 2 on 2 off, 1 on 1 off, came out to 4 miles running and 1 warm up mile and 1 cool down so 6 total. Tonight I did Nicole. Great workout again. I did it in the Globo and people were staring at me so hard it was awesome. I got 8 sets, and if I rememer correctly the pullups were, 16, 13, 12, 12, 11, 8,8,7 and the 400s were done on the tredmill and at a speed of 10.5 - 10.8.

The diet today:

Same breakfast
5 Egg whites, cheese, salsa, oats, almond butter and mixed berries this time
Snack:
cottage cheese, blueberries, almonds and protein to taste
Lunch:
4 oz chicken, broccoli, green peppers celery, cheese and almonds
Snack:
Almonds, apple, turkey slices and cheese
Dinner:
5 oz chicken, spinach, grated parsnip, mushrooms and yellow peppers olive oil and 1 tsp of home made guac.

Great stuff today. I love the feeling I get when I finish a workout. Its awesome to feel totaly dead tired and also have all the endorphins going. Looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
Mat Frankel

Profile:

Day 3...another awesome day.
Today was
5x
30 GHD Sit ups: subed situps on the ball w/ locked feet and hands touch the ground behind head and in front
25 back extensions

8:36

Great workout, was winded after and took a few minutes to recover then did a burpee ladder.
10, 9, 8, 7...1 and after finishing the set take the number of reps of breaths so 10 reps= 10 breaths then 9 = 9 breaths and so on.
Then took another little bit to recover and did the CFE workout from yesterday.
20 on 10 off for 1000 meters rowing.

Was a graet overall workout. Used my vibram five fingers and got the best weird looks from people at the Globo. It was awesome. No one came up and asked what I was wearing they just looked and when I looked back they quickly looked away.

The diet was good today as well. Same deal except for dinner was at my fathers so it was
~ 5 oz chicken, some salad w/ carrot, tomato, cucumbers and then roasted brussel sprouts. He also makes this awesome trail mix w/ nuts and some goji berries and other kind of berries so I had 2 handfulls of that. Feeling good. I want some kinda sweet but I'm going to wait until the cheat meal this weekend.

Looking forward to the CFE workout tomorrow. 20 min running at 17.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
Mat Frankel

Profile:

Day 4...loving it.
Today I did yesterdays workout from CFE.

Run: 20min @ 95% RPE 17-18
I did a 1 mile warm up and then ended up running a little bit overtime, 30 seconds, to complete a 5k. Fastest 5k I have ever run, 20:30! It felt great. I was still about 2 miles from my house so I kept a good pace for a mile then cooled down for a mile. It felt good.
The diet today:
Same breakfast...same snack...same lunch...same snack except no almonds, I am going to see what its like to not have the fat before a workout. I didn't feel great having it in there so I'll see. Dinner was ...5oz ground turkey/chicken, over wilted spinach, onion, celery and yellow peppers w/ olive oil.
L-Pullups and rope climbs, no rope and i am not strong enough for the pullups so I will be subbing for both =\ but I'll get there, ill try to do N pullups or something. F'n crossfit...love it.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
Mat Frankel

Profile:

ALright no excuses but friends are in from NYC this weekend and went out last night, had only 2 drinks and trail mix afterwards. But other then that good day of eating/working out. Same meals. Workout was:

10x
30 seconds Max Pullups
30 seconds Rest
30 Seconds L - Sit (subbed N Sits)
30 seconds Rest

then did the CFE WOD: 40 seconds on 20 seconds of x 5

This morning did Nancy

5x
400m Run
15 Overhead Squats @ 95

the OH squats turned into a 50 lb sand bag front squat then added 30 pushpus to the workout

15:11

This is also the cheat day! So going for a relaxing run this afternoon and then having some good pizza and probably some cookies or ice cream. Thats what im in the mood for.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
Mat Frankel

Profile:

Pretty good weekend so far. Ysterday the run turned into about 5.25 miles, 2 miles of them were intervals. 30 on 1 off.
Then cheat meal, lots of pizza and cookies...and late night BK. I havent had that in a long time. Back to it today though.

This morning, it was way too nice to workout inside so me and my buddy whos visiting from NYC did the workout from Crossfit NewEngland today:

50 Walking Lunge Steps
50 Push ups
50 SIt ups
35 Walking Lunge Steps
35 Push ups
35 SIt ups
20 Walking Lunge Steps
20 Push ups
20 SIt ups

8 minutes and some change. Then went for a little cool down jog and stretch.

Ine a few hours ill do the CFE workout: 2x1000m running all out. 2 minute recovery between the 1000m. This should be tough, especially after being out last night.
Back on the zone today too,
AFter the workout:
4 eggwhites w/ turkey
1/2 cup oatmeal w/blueberries and strawberries and no fat b/c it was post workout.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:15 AM   #8
Mat Frankel

Profile:

The mainsite WOD yesterday was another lunge workout...so I did that today.

Walking lunge 100 ft.
21 Pull-ups
21 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
18 Pull-ups
18 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
15 Pull-ups
15 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
12 Pull-ups
12 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
9 Pull-ups
9 Sit-ups
Walking Lunge 100 ft.
6 Pull-ups
6 Sit-ups

And after taking a day off yesterday from working out...and dieting (Damn it!) I came in with a slow and sluggish 16:13
I took some time to rest after the workout and then did CFE workout
8 rounds 30 seconds on, 20 seconds off. I did it in the C2 and had ~1850 meters.
Rested a few minutes and practiced holding a handstand position against the wall, 30 seconds on 30 of for 2 minutes.
So im back at it today. I have a funeral to go to this morning, and passover (how many jewish crossfitters are there?) which my family always makes crazy food for. I'll be pretty strict this week. Yesterday was my cheat day! and it wasen't even that good. damn.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #9
Mat Frankel

Profile:

Tough last couple of days. Felt rundown and out of it, diet was ok throughout the day but at night turned to crap. With it being passover theres all this food around but im practicing my discipline and am going to focus tonight. Anyway, yesterday I did the SP, PP, and PJ workout. I watched a bunch of the CFJ videos about form but still need to work on it a lot so I went light. Only went as high as 115 for all lifts.
Today I did the CFE run workout from yesterday, 3x5 minutes on, 3 minute recoveries.
Foul= 2 min wall squat. I ran .75, .76, and .75 (miles) for each set. Smoked.
Passover again tonight.
Keep that discipline! Gotta break the carb addiction and just get through the pangs to the clear.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #10
Mat Frankel

Profile:

This morning I did the crossfit total for the first time...and I was not happy. I realized that the time I have been in the gym for the past year, i have been doing a lot of high inteisity stuff but no real strength training. So here are the numbers

SP: 145
BS: 205 (had 225 but didn't go low enough, my hips are too tight)
DL: 275

Its some extra motivation now. Like a lot of other stories go, I was strong as sh*t playing football in colllege but i started to focus on running and lost alot of size and strength. I wanted to get smaller and leaner but now I am a little ****ed that I didn't do it the right way and keep strength. So I'm at the bottom of the hill right now. It's steep but i'll make it up.

Also did 5 rounds of
5 pullup
10 pushup
15 squats

and stopped because my hip again is tight so i stretched, using the techniques from the journal, and that was it.

Having a good meal right now

3oz turkey slices
4 egg whites
1 oz cheese
salsa

1/2 cup dry oats
1 cup strawberries
1 tsp almond butter

The workout for me tomorrow (todays WOD) looks awesome and like a killer. Id like to get out to my local affiliate for it, Crossfit New England
Hope everyones having a good weekend.