CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 10-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #51
Jeff Crow

Profile:
Re: New to the Forum? ***READ THIS FIRST***

Hello everyone, I'm a 37 year old, male, 240 lbs. newbie to CF. I've been dabbling with the WODs for about 2 months now. I'm a former competitive weightlifter, powerlifter, and strongman. But family and job demands have forced me to change my direction and goals with my training. I've come to the conclusion that having a 600lbs deadlift and not being to run and play with my kids without wanting to pass out is not cool. So I've decided the CF lifestyle will enhance my life both physically and mentally, while hopefully extending my life and enhancing my health. I want to lose 30 pounds (walk around at 200-210 lbs.), be able to enter a 5K at a moments notice, yet still be able to pull 500 any time I want.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #52
Bob Beardsley

Profile:

Folks - I have been at it for coming up on two years now and really CrossFit. My whole family has joined me to at least some level of involvement ranging from sporadic to extensive. My 15 year old is going gangbusters and is interested in competing in youth level events. Any advice on where I might find out what is out there for a 15 year old that woudl like to see how he stacks up?
Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #53
Grant Hill

Profile:

Hi folks - new to the board, so introducing myself. started crossfitting about 6 months ago, but athletic background and full time fitness professional in DC. NASM CPT, NASM Corrective Exercise, MovNat Certified, Schwinn Cycle. Passionate about movement quality and paleo nutrition. In my crossfit practice, I'm focusing on technique within the olympic lifts after un-learning some things from my past training and increasing overall strength and competence in the movements. I will be attending the L1 in January. Would love to connect with anyone interested on facebook/twitter...facebook.com/grantohill and @granthillfit

Cheers! Grant
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #54
Carlos Garza

Profile:

I'm 43 years old and I've been doing crossfit close to 6 months now. Changing to the paleo diet and doing crossfit has helped me lose a little over close to 30 pounds. Needles to say I feel awesome, I'm in better shape than when I was 20 years old. I will continue doing crossfit and eating paleo for the rest of my life.

Thanks!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #55
Timothy Sprague

Profile:

Crossfit members and guests,

This is my first post- Not really sure what to write. All I know is that I'm ready to work hard, throwdown, and learn as much as I can.

I would like to lose a few pounds- I'm 5'9, 200; however, my priority is establishing a good foundation of proper form, and eating as much whole food as possible.

I've completed several WODs over the past few months- but Crossfit has been an "off and on" type thing. Just feels like it's getting to the point where I really, really, really am feeling dedicated- and finding that there is more to this than just showing up and working out. There's certainly a lot more to this than flexing in the mirror, and it's beyond any other type of fitness concept I've known. Hope all is well. More to follow-

V/r

Tim
Old 01-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #56
Stephen Bounds

Profile:

Hi

I'm a 36 year old male Homo sapien. I've spent the last year working myself into better shape after years of not taking care of my body well. Crossfit has been a educational and effective tool in the process. Now I'm working on becoming a certified personal trainer and hope to help other people improve their health and fitness. I could go on about myself and my thoughts on fitness, but it probably won't get read, so I'll keep it short. If anyone here is in Athens, Georgia, hit me up. We can workout or eat grass fed beef or something.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #57
Roger Peters

Profile:
Re: Rhabdo

Bo

I am 47 yrd old, Im in the military and have been for the last 28 yrs. I've been in the weight lifting scene for 95% of that time. Im new to Crossfit and I love it, especially the "methodology" behind it. My question is.

When you spoke about "Rhabdo" was there a particular reason you used those exercises i.e; Kettlebell swings, jumping pull ups, thrusters etc. Thank you for your time

Roger..
Old 09-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #58
Daniel Navarro

Profile:

Hey Everybody,

Wanted to introduce myself rather than being a creep and lurking around this forum. I'm Dan, turning 31 this month. I am a triathlete looking to incorporate CF into my off-season routine. This season I started doing some CF style workouts mixed in to my training plan and noticed an improvement in my power to weight to endurance ratio. So I will be looking to you guys to improve even more so.