CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
Jakub Grzyb

Profile:
GHD sit-up victim

Hi,

So last wednesday I did the work out that involved GHD sit-ups, so ended up doing 60 of them. I had never done them before and I had forgotten what the instructional clip said about doing like 6-10 reps the most. Next day I managed to do 5km run. All the pain started the following day (friday) and I have noticed swelling on my abs.

It has been a week now and nothing really hurt me anymore, but my abs is a bit swollen above my pelvis (more on the left side than the right one), however less than at the beginning. My abs has no strength, can't do even two sit-ups and hurts a bit when I stretch it.When I walk it shakes like a jelly though.

I have been drinking a lot of water and my urine is transparent to bit yellowish but not any dark colour. Also nothing is sticking out of the stomach.

So I suppose I had DOMs and thought the same happened to me as to Matt Weaver described in described in CF Journal from October 2005 (http://library.crossfit.com/premium/...27c5f39e85ce3c). You must indicate whether your links are work and family safe (WFS).

Is there any recovery exercises I could do after some rest period? Or do you have other comment about this case?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
Brent Sallee

Profile:
Re: GHD sit-up victim

You should give it some time to recover and slowly work your way back into ab (and all other) exercises. Start with a few situps here and there. Increase the reps, then start to include more demanding movements, etc. It'll definitely take some time to get back. Don't try to push through any pain over 4-5/10 on a 1-10 pain scale and listen to your body. If you start to swell up, you went too hard.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Mike Johnson

Profile:
Re: GHD sit-up victim

Go get checked out by a doc as soon as possible there are permanent effects from this kind of stuff.