CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #21
Tim Alford

Profile:
Re: Tim's Life Changing Workout Log

Wow, my hamstrings are sooooooooooo tight. But I still went in and hit it today. We'll see how I feel this weekend!

Warm up
2 rounds

25 banded good mornings
20 bridge curls (sliders)
15/15 superman squats with a kettlebell
10 push ups

WOD
21-15-9

Deadlifts (135 lbs.)
Ring dips (orange band)
AB mat situps

I more than likely won't be at the box tomorrow and I will going to D.C. for vacation for 4 days or so, looking forward to that! I'll try and get a little something in while I'm down there!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #22
Tim Alford

Profile:

I love my box. I say that because its awesome, relatively inexpensive, and most of all it makes me accountable! I went to the local gym today because my box is closed on Sunday and the workout was just lame and weak sauce.

WOD

25 box jumps
26 walking lunges
25 jumping pull-ups
25 push presses (45 lbs)
25 push ups
25 kettle bell swings (35 lb dumbbell)
25 AB mat sit-ups
25 air squats
20 shoulder presses with 25 lb dumbbells
20 curls (just for old time sake!)
75 jump ropes (got about 10 double unders!)

First time using my Reebok Nano 2.0s! They are AWESOME! I found myself falling backwards alot because I usually have to fight to stay on my heels but with the Nanos it forced you to stay back. Love em!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #23
Tim Alford

Profile:

Well I'm finally back from vacation! Spent the last 4 days in Washington, D.C. and I am tired! Between Arlington, National Mall, Lincoln Memorial and the Smithsonians we walked a good 8-10 miles the first 2 days then around 6 for the third day. I felt bad missing out on my WODs but I felt like I burned some calories being out and about! I set my alarm this morning to get back into it and I could not get out of bed so I am forcing myself to get up tomorrow and get to the box. Enjoy your Thursday everyone!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #24
Tim Alford

Profile:

Finally back at my box! Today's workout was a lung-burner.

Warm up
3 rounds

200 meter run
25 air squats
10 T2B

WOD
AMRAP 15 minutes

15 box jumps
12 KB sumo deadlift high pulls (53 lbs.)
9 pull ups (used the gray band)

Completed: 4 rounds + 10 box jumps

Felt pretty good through the first 2 rounds and then my body realized how out of shape I am! The box jumps are the death of me, the sumo high pulls were actually pretty fun.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #25
Tim Alford

Profile:

Good morning everybody! Hope your weekend is fantastic.

Got in early today before heading to work. Today was the first workout that I actually did in a "class" setting. My gym is an open gym setup so I go in anytime and usually there are only a couple people there doing a WOD.

Warm up
3 rounds

200 meter run
10 inch worms (to which I asked, hey whats a 10 inch worm? Not realizing it meant 10- inch worms. Anyways...)
10 KB swings (53 lbs.)

WOD
Tabata 30sec/20sec.
5 rounds

Landmines (swinging a 45 lb bar back and forth connected to the wall)
Push press (45 lbs.)
Leg raises from the floor
Heavy rope swings
Air squats
Push ups
KB swings (53 lbs.)

This was my second Tabata style workout. I love the quickness of moving from exercise to exercise, although a 20 second break feels more like 5 seconds. I did well on the landmines, leg raises, air squats and surprisingly the push ups. KB swings, ropes and push press were tough after 2 rounds. I definitely need to work on pacing, instread of going hard from the get go and gassing after a couple rounds. Still a fun workout, I want to find out my 1RM on my deadlift and then my squat and in the future my clean (once my form improves). Have a good weekend!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #26
Tim Alford

Profile:

Today was a fun day! Took a buddy of mine to the box for the first time, he is looking at joining the police force soon so I told him to give Crossfit a try.

Warm up
3 rounds

10 inch worms
10 KB swings
20 lunges

Strength

I have never done a "strength" part of the workout so I was excited to add this from now on! I did a deadlift progression to find my 1RM.

135 x 5
165 x 3
195 x 1
225 x 1
245 x 1
265 x no rep

I was very pleased with that! I did my math incorrectly and thought I only had like 195 or so on there and was disappointed then I recounted and was actually pleased! I'll be working on that, next up is my press!

WOD
6 rounds

10 push ups
20 Crossfit KB swings
10 V-up situps

This workout was supposed to be 10 rounds but we had to quit it early because we had other commitments! Good for my friend because he was going to throw up after the 6 rounds! We enjoyed the workout though. After that we went to my sisters and moved a washer and dryer out of the house, across the street and up the stairs to her new place so that was a workout then we went out and played 9 holes of golf. A successful day off so far! Enjoy your Tuesday!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #27
Tim Alford

Profile:

Couldn't decide whether I wanted to rest today and hit it hard tomorrow (I'm bringing two of my friends for their first time tomorrow) but I decided to man up and go!

Warm up
2 rounds

3 wall walk ups
6/6 super man squats (press with a 35 lb KB)
9 double mountain climbers

Strength

Press at 50% - 10 reps (65 lbs.)
Press at 55% - 10 reps (65 lbs.)
Press at 60% - 10 reps (75 lbs.)

I honestly don't know what my max is so this was guesswork for me. Felt light but we'll increase that.

WOD
5 rounds

5 Curtis P's (clean and jerk then lunge on both legs) 75 lbs.
5 pull ups (gray band)
5 burpees

This one sucked. Yesterday's max deadlifts hurt the quads! All in all felt ok, its amazing how out of shape I am! I get winded so fast when I do the Oly lifts! But I love it! See you all tomorrow!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #28
Tim Alford

Profile:
Talking Re: Tim's Life Changing Workout Log

Quick correction: I said yesterday that the deadlifts hurt my quads....I lied. They killed my hamstrings! I always switch those two around!

This morning I took a friend with me to the gym, he is a really fit guy (5'7 and probably around 195 lbs. or so and really solid). I wanted to see how well he would do and he's always up for a challenge.

Warm up
3 rounds

25 KB swings (35 lbs.)
200 meter run
10/10 KB around the world (I think that was the name, touch your opposite foot while holding KB overhead with other hand.)

WOD
5 rounds

50 DU's (or 150 single swings)
25 Wall balls (25 lbs.)

Strength (extra)

Press - 8 reps @ 45 lbs.
Press - 5 reps @ 95 lbs.
Press - 5 reps @ 95 lbs.
Press - 5 reps @ 95 lbs.

Today about killed me! It is hot and humid here in Ohio, made me breathe a little extra this morning. I only completed 4 rounds of the 5 for the WOD. I expended a lot of energy trying to learn how to do a DU, this was my first time attempting and it was tough stuff! I switched the wall balls to a 16 lb. ball for the 3rd and 4th set. Whew! After my buddy destroyed the workout he did squats so I decided to do some presses until I had to leave for work. Debating whether or not to go tomorrow. If I go tomorrow it'll be 4 days in a row and my body will feel it for sure, but if I miss Friday then Saturday is the Buckeye's home opener (my gym is just a few miles from there) so that'll be hectic plus I have to work both days. We will see!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #29
Tim Alford

Profile:

WOW! Did my first hero WOD today in the 2 months I've been Crossfitting!

Hotshots 19
6 rounds

30 air squats
19 power cleans (scaled to 75 lbs)
7 pull ups (used gray band)
Run 400 meters

That was painful but a lot of fun! Took my 16 year old brother in law for his first ever Crossfit workout! The air squats were fine but the cleans were tough. Glad I scaled them! The running was hilarious by the 4th round! Had a good turnout at the box. Enjoyed myself! Now time to slam some food at a family cookout!!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #30
Tim Alford

Profile:

Still super sore from Hotshots on Monday but felt better once I got into the workout! My traps are the most sore (once my form went south I started using them a lot for my cleans).

Warm up
2 rounds

25 KB swings (35 lbs.)
25 AB Mat situps
200 meter run

Strength

Push Press
45 lbs. - 10 reps
65 lbs.- 5 reps
85 lbs. - 5 reps
95 lbs. - 7 reps

WOD
5 rounds

10 HSPU's (used a 46" box from my knees and pressed)
7 AB mat situps
9 Crossfit KB swings (35 lbs.)

Felt pretty good throughout, legs were burning a little (from Monday) and the traps were killing! I'll be back at it tomorrow! Had a friend join with me today so that's exciting! Spreading the good word of Crossfit!