CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 06-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #11
Judi Oyama

Profile:
Re: Skateboarding and Crossfit Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Groves View Post
Congrats; that's exciting!

How does the scoring system work out that you can win the world championships when there's only 6 races in the US and a total of 76 of them worldwide? If I were European I'd be ticked

I'm a long-time casual park/street skateboarder, never really got any better than basic stuff, but I found it to be great stress relief, but as I age, the injuries take longer and longer to heal... I guess wearing real pads might help with that . I've started skating again every couple of weeks and I discovered how much of a different demand it is from weight training. So many different demands in multiple directions which is a bit lacking in most gym time.
Josh, It is accumulation of points. I was getting beat by women I never raced in the points race just because they went to more races. I don't think the point system is really accurate over all. I think racing head to head is the real deal. The World Championships is in Europe one year and then in North America problem is most don't go to all of the races. They're are not a ton of women over 50 that still race. I have to race all ages so either way I have to train extra hard. I think Crossfit has really helped. I'm going to the US Nationals in July I will let you know how it goes. Keep skating!
Old 07-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #12
Judi Oyama

Profile:
Re: Skateboarding and Crossfit

Reason I can total more points with less races is because I'm one of only a few women that are over the age of 50! It is the women's masters division. Racing next week at the US Nationals. Again I'll be the oldest woman slalom racing.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #13
Judi Oyama

Profile:
Re: Skateboarding and Crossfit

Back from the US Nationals in Oceanside. Happy to say I placed 2 nd overall. Bad news is only 3 women showed. This years Worlds is in Prague so I think many people are going to that race instead. I raced the 10x Women's World Champion and beat a few of the men's masters so all is good. I also conquered the Giant Slalom on a hill I have gone to twice but never ridden from the top because of it's speed but this year I did it and from the ramp. I have to say Crossfit has helped me mentally and made my body strong. I use to get tired by the end of the day and my legs would get shaky. Not any more thanks to trainer Chris Morse at Crossfit West in Santa Cruz. Those squats, burpee's and all mix worked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Judi Oyama US Nationals Jim Goodrich.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	13491