CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 02-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
Derrick Sines

Profile:
insurance

Do most people use Reebok for their liability or do you get your own when opening your box? Also, what all coverages do you have for the inside (your equipment) if you are leasing? Do you just get renters insurance? What do these average a month? We are trying to plan a budget. Thanks for any input.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
Greg Warren

Profile:
Re: insurance

You would probably get more responses under the "Running a CrossFit Facility" board.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
Mike Doehla

Profile:

Reebok doesn't insure you. I use affiliate guard.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
Dan Laforest

Profile:
Smile Re: insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick Sines View Post
Do most people use Reebok for their liability or do you get your own when opening your box? Also, what all coverages do you have for the inside (your equipment) if you are leasing? Do you just get renters insurance? What do these average a month? We are trying to plan a budget. Thanks for any input.
We are leasing and we have our own insurance that covers our equipment and all the activities we like to set outside our box!!! This cost us 400$/months and that give us a 10 000 000$ coverage!

if there are other question let me know!!!

Dan Laforest
CrossFit Chapter 04
Old 03-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
Monika Scott

Profile:

Howdy,

I shopped around and found the best deal with Allstate actually. I contacted a few local agents (NOT corporate) and they offered quotes and were able to explain what it will and will not cover. Although Allstate ended up going through a third party, they handled everything including submitting it to CF HQ and anyone else who needed insurance documentation.

My advice is take your time and talk an actual person, in an actual office. Know the questions to ask concerning what you're looking for, the coverage you need and don't need, etc.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:30 PM   #6
Derrick Sines

Profile:

Thanks everyone. I guess I should have been more clear. I was referring to coverage concerning personal coverage against lawsuits/liabilities/injuries. I noticed Reebok covers against rabdo and even child sexual harassment allegations. It seems they cover it all from head to toe
Old 03-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
Vinh Huynh

Profile:

As others have said, Reebok isn't an insurance company and they sponsor the CrossFit games and makes CrossFit's officially licensed apparel.

You might have a better response in the "Running a Facility" section.

But if you're opening a box, I'd go with RRG. It's insurance that was specifically designed for CF. I shopped around and the rates were similar and I didn't have to do anything special if I wanted to do park workouts, etc.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #8
Vinh Huynh

Profile:

If you're looking for coverage for yourself then you can call an insurance broker for that. Or if you're a CF-L1 or higher then you can get personal insurance through RRG too.

I've heard of private personal trainers that just get umbrella coverage, but that's risky if you ask me.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #9
Derrick Sines

Profile:

Thanks for the information everyone. I dont know why I kept saying Reebok. I meant RRG. Long last couple of days.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #10
Monique T. Ames

Profile:

You definitely want to contact the RRG: Office phone: (310) 937-2007 or email if you prefer staff@crossfitrrg.com

I know nothing about Affiliate Guard...
but what I do know is that NO other insurance provider except the RRG will cover you personally if you instruct crossfit and the person injures themselves under your direction. All those other policies cover basic trip & falls, & when members hurt themselves "on their own". READ the small print of your ENTIRE policy!! I also like knowing that I have some legal defense in place from people who crossfit already & run their own gyms. The RRG truly has our backs!